[SOLVED] choosing storage

Altom_

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
i currently have a [prime h310m a r2.0 motherboard] and I'm looking for something that will be able to fit in the
10Gb/s M.2 support SATA & x2 PCIE mode since I only have 1TB HDD
I have done some research but now I'm confused since there's different fittings and i don't
i was looking if Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive would work but im not sure

so i would much appreciate if someone could help me find a suitable SSD or point me in the right direction.

Thank You!

Solution
What processor are you working with? As for your inquiry, yes it'll work with your board though the slot will operate at PCIe 3 x2 mode as opposed to x4 which the Samsung is advertised to run, meaning you're loosing out on some performance. You could look into a SATA based M.2 SSD instead. Please make sure that you're on the latest BIOS and MEI firmware updates prior to dropping in the NVMe SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
What processor are you working with? As for your inquiry, yes it'll work with your board though the slot will operate at PCIe 3 x2 mode as opposed to x4 which the Samsung is advertised to run, meaning you're loosing out on some performance. You could look into a SATA based M.2 SSD instead. Please make sure that you're on the latest BIOS and MEI firmware updates prior to dropping in the NVMe SSD.

Solution