Question chose between Cpu or gpu

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi, i am using my pc really casual for gaming.... right now its i5 4690.... i was thinking about buying a rx580-8gB from a miner for around 65$ is that a good idea? right now i am using a iGpu. my other option is to sell All and buy a ryzen 5 5600G without a GPU. i have to pay 2X... i can trade my old cpu and mobo and ram for a A520+Ram and get myself a 5600G.
which option is better for gaming?

Last edited:

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Be careful, those miner cards can be pretty worn out depending on usage. If it was me, I would go the safer way with the 5600g
ok then , i thought they either work or not like a cpu or ram. you know, the huge difference between 580 and vega 7 was tempting. it could play 1080 , high or medium.... other one could play game 720p.... but i guess you are right

ok then , i thought they either work or not like a cpu or ram. you know, the huge difference between 580 and vega 7 was tempting. it could play 1080 , high or medium.... other one could play game 720p.... but i guess you are right
That can be the case too, but you know mining is a 24x7 thing and these cards are usually at it for months or years non stop, depending on the setup. Hence why they are discarded at such cheap prices, once done. If at all you consider it, then make sure you stress test it extensively before acquiring it. Then also there is no guarantee of its longevity.

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
That can be the case too, but you know mining is a 24x7 thing and these cards are usually at it for months or years non stop, depending on the setup. Hence why they are discarded at such cheap prices, once done. If at all you consider it, then make sure you stress test it extensively before acquiring it. Then also there is no guarantee of its longevity.
as i mentioned, i play casual.... but i use my cpu for other stuff! i mean general stuff not render or so... thing that 4690 can handle really well .... and casual means 1 game per year! or even less. last one was resident evil 2, so imagine why i don't care about buying a VGA.

i should Google more about AmD apu, if it can really handel 720p and 1080 for Esport (which i am sure it can , since my intel 4600hd can Handel Dota 2 1080+medium 45fps in game)then its a safer choice....
not to mention, i can have newer stuff like nvme or better usb

as i mentioned, i play casual.... but i use my cpu for other stuff! i mean general stuff not render or so... thing that 4690 can handle really well .... and casual means 1 game per year! or even less. last one was resident evil 2, so imagine why i don't care about buying a VGA.

i should Google more about AmD apu, if it can really handel 720p and 1080 for Esport (which i am sure it can , since my intel 4600hd can Handel Dota 2 1080+medium 45fps in game)then its a safer choice....
not to mention, i can have newer stuff like nvme or better usb
You can check out some benchmarking videos on YouTube. It won't be anywhere near a 580 in terms of performance, provided that card works properly, but with nominal settings, it should be able to handle those games.

Reactions: .valkyrie.