Chrome Goes to 11, Brings Flattened Logo With It

Status
Not open for further replies.

vafik

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
So is this logo going to be faster the the last logo? About time we get some fast stable logos around here. Thank God someone is on the ball!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I can see why they changed the logo. Old one reminds me of Hal looking over your shoulder. Google probably doesn't want a logo that reminds people of a thinking computer that'll take over the world some day.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Shading, depth, vibrance of colors?
We don't want these designs apparently, we want a flat simplistic design.
Speaking of which, I wonder how much they spent a Graphics Designer to make it...

G

offline gmail anyone? bring back some offline support after they've disabled it? something?

G

Im just going to keep the old logo, looks better. Good thing windows lets you choose.

Krnt

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I always loved the way the old logo felt like a pendant or a star in my desktop or in my taskbar shining with light and hope to the users of my computer, now the new one feels so dim and dead, that is even hard to find.

If you want to keep the old logo for some time, use the 12.0.712, this one still uses the old logo, and is the one I use, because this new logo is awful, newer versions use also the new logo.

G

You know Google, if Microsoft followed the same format with their logo it would collectively be termed "a swastika" - something you should think about. It also looks like crap.

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Both logos are horrible. The old one is typical web 2.0 style "shiny" 2005 style, and the new one is pathetic and unoriginal, just jumping on the next trend of flattened out matte looking logos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS