Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2022
Hello everyone I am pretty new to using forums and currently work as an IT assistant for a school district.

We have had the question from many teachers about a software that could be used to monitor the students in their classroom that are using a chromebook.
The issue arises from very obvious reasons like students accessing things during class not permitted by the instructor. While we do have filtering on our network, we cannot block certain distracting sites like youtube due to the amount of educational content these students and staff use from it daily.

Anyways, if anyone knows of a fairly decent monitoring software that our teachers could easily use that would be fantastic. I hope you all have a great day!

D

Deleted member 362816

Hello everyone I am pretty new to using forums and currently work as an IT assistant for a school district.

We have had the question from many teachers about a software that could be used to monitor the students in their classroom that are using a chromebook.
The issue arises from very obvious reasons like students accessing things during class not permitted by the instructor. While we do have filtering on our network, we cannot block certain distracting sites like youtube due to the amount of educational content these students and staff use from it daily.

Anyways, if anyone knows of a fairly decent monitoring software that our teachers could easily use that would be fantastic. I hope you all have a great day!

I hate to be that guy but your school district should have had this in place years ago.

Don't take to much offence to my comment above I just had to say it lol.

Most schools around me use this and have had good results.

https://www.manageengine.com/produc...stURL&utm_campaign=APMgmt&utm_source=capterra

Reactions: cgraham1999
Aug 18, 2022
D

Deleted member 362816

I completely agree we have had some very poor IT management over the years. I will look into it! Thanks so much

Over all it's not the cheapest. To push the cost the whole district uses it here. I am sure it's something you would have to get approval from the board for. Best of luck.

Oct 23, 2022

I may be mistaken, but I think Cisco has a monitoring software available. They also have a system that blocks undesirable websites. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.