Question Chromebook versus PC for programming ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel Mac can run three OSes. And with Apple divorce from Intel, Windows will be third-world citizen on Mac.

And as already said - if I want to write apps for MacOS (it does not make any business sense targeting < 10% of installed base), I can do that on Xamarin / Delphi. And I don't think Apple will be so stupid to limit iOS development to MacOS only.

Now I have to find where's "Unsubcscribe from this thread" button...

So I should buy into an ecosystem that purposely locks down its OS from other devices.

Great if it works for you. I'll pass...;)

If you want to develop for it and make money from it you do… I mean Apple has the tablet market sewn up and have a hefty percentage of phones sales + the largest percent of phone sales in the “premium” market (where people have more money to buy things like software). So you’re cutting yourself off from a lot of customers that way. A lot of people don’t like to pay for software on Windows or Linux either so that’s not a great strategy either. Why do you think Adobe got their stuff running on ARM for Apple pretty much from launch but it took them 4 years to do the same for windows.

USAFRet

Titan
If you want to develop for it and make money from it you do… I mean Apple has the tablet market sewn up and have a hefty percentage of phones sales + the largest percent of phone sales in the “premium” market (where people have more money to buy things like software). So you’re cutting yourself off from a lot of customers that way. A lot of people don’t like to pay for software on Windows or Linux either so that’s not a great strategy either. Why do you think Adobe got their stuff running on ARM for Apple pretty much from launch but it took them 4 years to do the same for windows.
Well..I've been making a living from this since the mid-90's.
Number of times I've used an apple device - 0.

Not everything is a 'phone app'.

Status
Not open for further replies.