Cinnerbench results i7 6700k

Esenbek

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
hey guys,

So I was overclocking my cpu, did it AUTO, but temps were too high, around 67 while CSGO gaming, decided to go with manual, raised voltage to 1.270 at 4.4 Ghz, seems to be stable, did a few cinnerbench tests, let me know what do you think,
it shows wrong os, it is not 8, but 10

Solution
A broad range of stress tests, and real world programs is the best approach.

I would start with the old standby, Prime 95 version 26.6. Don't use any newer versions as these introduce AVX instructions and these will heat up your CPU beyond any real world load. Use Small FFT's as this will stress the CPU the most. I would shoot for at least 8 hours stable.

I would also look into downloading RealBench. This is an ASUS built stability / stress test that uses real software to load your CPU.

Lastly if you are a gamer, games. In particular BF (3 and higher) seem to sniff out unstable systems (both GPU and CPU wise) and crash them.

Obviously you want to be monitoring your temperatures while doing this.

Esenbek

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

not yet, any free tests?

I tried 1.265 which is pretty much stock, it was crashing very frequently

A broad range of stress tests, and real world programs is the best approach.

I would start with the old standby, Prime 95 version 26.6. Don't use any newer versions as these introduce AVX instructions and these will heat up your CPU beyond any real world load. Use Small FFT's as this will stress the CPU the most. I would shoot for at least 8 hours stable.

I would also look into downloading RealBench. This is an ASUS built stability / stress test that uses real software to load your CPU.

Lastly if you are a gamer, games. In particular BF (3 and higher) seem to sniff out unstable systems (both GPU and CPU wise) and crash them.

Obviously you want to be monitoring your temperatures while doing this.

Solution

Esenbek

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

Thank you sir!

I just played BF1, didn't crash :)