[SOLVED] Cities Skylines (and various titles) Freezing

Oct 4, 2019
While playing Cities Skylines, and some other titles, the game runs perfectly fine, for about 30 minutes. After the mentioned time passes the visuals freeze and can no longer continue. My computer still runs, and the game itself is still actually running fine in the background, I tested by pressing F1 to quick save, force closed the game, loaded the game and my save is exactly as it was when the graphics froze. I've tried numerous options trying to fix the problem with no success inlcuding, uninstalling and reinstalling the game(s), updating all drivers, purged all malware, lowered my overclocking on my GPUs, CPU, and RAM to stock settings. Even with the overclocking set to my liking, my components showed no signs of over heating. A friend had mentioned to me that maybe its from my GPUs being ran in SLI. I'm out of ideas of how to fix this other than just trying to replace my GPUs with a single upgraded card. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks!

Computer Specs

Motherboard- MSI x99A SLI Plus
CPU- i7-6900K
GPU- Nvidia GTX 1070 x2 (SLI)
RAM- Corsair Dominator DDR4 3000 C15 4x8GB

Solution
Given the game itself is still running, that would tend to eliminate everything but the GPU. CPU/RAM/Motherboard errors would at least crash the game.

I suspect one of the GPUs is failing; it's also possible there's an SLI problem.

At this stage, I would stay away from multi-GPU configs. They really aren't being supported anymore anyways.
Given the game itself is still running, that would tend to eliminate everything but the GPU. CPU/RAM/Motherboard errors would at least crash the game.

I suspect one of the GPUs is failing; it's also possible there's an SLI problem.

At this stage, I would stay away from multi-GPU configs. They really aren't being supported anymore anyways.

Reactions: eflorez
Solution
Oct 4, 2019

I'm of the same mind. I had planned on purchasing a single 2080 ti to replace my 1070's, but thought maybe I could last long enough for Nvidia to release their 3000 series before I made my purchase. If my card(s) is failing, it might just force my hand and upgrade now. I can always sell my 2080 ti and upgrade again if the 3000 series is a big enough gap.