Question Citrix Receiver on computer

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
I noticed I have Citrix Receiver on my computer and I'm not sure why it is there. I'm not sure if it is needed for some other program that connects to another server. Does OneDrive need it? I did have CrashPlan for years, but just cancelled that for backup.
It is running in the background ... and I'm not sure what will happen if I uninstall it. Any ideas?

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
Check Program Files folder(s) for when this Citrix Receiver was installed, and recall your memories. Unless your computer connects to remote computer for office work, you don't need this, and you better find out how you got it.
I looked at the files in program files x86 and there are three folders: Auth Manager, ICA Client, and Receiver. The dates on Auth Manager and Receiver is Nov 2017. ICA Client is Jan 2021.
I could only think that back then I used my work login for working off of my computer at home ... which needed to connect to the server for my work. I now work off of a work laptop.

I will go ahead and uninstall ... thanks.

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
Check Program Files folder(s) for when this Citrix Receiver was installed, and recall your memories. Unless your computer connects to remote computer for office work, you don't need this, and you better find out how you got it.

I ran into an operation fail on the uninstall. The requested operation has failed. To see more information, click View Log. Contact the Help Desk and provide the log information. I can view the log (long list of stuff).

15:08:17: Information - CApp::InitializeLog(704) - * Version: 14.2.0.10
15:08:17: Information - CApp::InitializeLog(706) - * Build Date: Nov 27 2014
15:08:17: Information - CApp::InitializeLog(707) - * Build Time: 08:59:01
15:08:17: Information - CApp::InitializeLog(708) - * Command Line: /uninstall /cleanup
15:08:17: Information - CCommandLine::parseParam(94) - Command Line Parameter: uninstall = true
15:08:17: Information - CCommandLine::parseParam(94) - Command Line Parameter: cleanup = true

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021

I did some digging ... and I see where it may be connecting from that time when I connected for work. I will contact the IT help desk to see about getting rid of it.
There were some people who had problems that were using a citrix receiver clean-up utility from Citrix.