Civilization V Crashes repeatedly

Liberatas

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I really have no idea what more to do on this.
My specs are as in my signature, I've tried reinstalling Civilization V four times in the past forty-eight hours. I've verified game integrity in Steam, I've tried changing compatibility, running things in administrator and changing my PC Name which 2K has already said is what needs to happen. I'm a bit lost.

The problem is, I start Civilization V and the game runs as normal. Company logo's etcetera. Then there is the Brave New World intro video but after that there is about a second of glimpse of the game loading and then it crashes. No error messages. Nothing. It just goes back to desktop as if I've ALT+F4'd.

If anyone has suggestions, please let me know, if I need to put anything else here to assist, again let me know. The game is installed on my SSD. It has worked fine in the past before the Civilization V launcher update. I play in Direct X10/11.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Lutfij

Titan
My specs are as in my signature,...
Intel Core i7 - 4770 @ 3.9Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth Z87
GALAX GTX 1080Ti 11GB
Corsair 16gb RAM @ 1866Mhz
Windows 10 - 64bit
400GB Intel SSD 750 Series
4tb WD Caviar Black
Corsair RM1000

Like any specs in a signature space, it will change over the course of your upgrades. When that happens the solutions offered in this thread will seem irrelevant to someone in the same boat as you which is why we ask for specs in the body of the thread.

Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers? If you're on the latest, try and revert to an older driver and see if that changes anything.

Liberatas

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Thank you for putting my specs on!
Wasn't in a good mood when I typed this up for help. Been trying for awhile.

BIOS, no. I've not updated it in some time but it has never been a problem before, I will give that a look now. EDIT: I've just updated the BIOS to the most recent flash. No change.
As for GPU drivers, I uninstalled them completely, reinstalled GeForce Experience and installed their latest drivers. No changes.