Adam Jelinek

Prominent
Oct 4, 2019
Hi so my pc won’t boot after I messed with the ram and cpu overclock at the same time. It’s hard to reach the 2 pins with a screwdriver since the 3090 is so thick. Can I put the screwdriver to the 2 pins without my gpu installed? Also does my psu have to be off and unplugged, or on and plugged in. Please help my pc won’t boot :(

Solution
Hi so my pc won’t boot after I messed with the ram and cpu overclock at the same time. It’s hard to reach the 2 pins with a screwdriver since the 3090 is so thick. Can I put the screwdriver to the 2 pins without my gpu installed? Also does my psu have to be off and unplugged, or on and plugged in. Please help my pc won’t boot :(
If you can boot to BIOS, it's usually F5 (but check MB manual) that clears CMOS to factory settings.
Yes, power has to be right off (turned off at PSU) to clear CMOS electrically, so it doesn't matter if GPU is inserted. If it's easier you can remove CMOS battery for few seconds/minutes.
Tip:
If you play with OC and/or BIOS settings often, you could do what I usually do, Got me momentary switch and its...

Adam Jelinek

Prominent
Oct 4, 2019

If you can boot to BIOS, it's usually F5 (but check MB manual) that clears CMOS to factory settings.
Yes, power has to be right off (turned off at PSU) to clear CMOS electrically, so it doesn't matter if GPU is inserted. If it's easier you can remove CMOS battery for few seconds/minutes.
Tip:
If you play with OC and/or BIOS settings often, you could do what I usually do, Got me momentary switch and its wires (start /reset buttons/switches from an old case), connected to reset posts on MB and let it sit in the case bottom.

Solution