Question clicking sound coming from laptop when playing audio or video

Holyengines

Prominent
Jun 15, 2021
Hi, I recently bought an acer aspire 3, and I came to notice this weird clicking sound whenever I am playing an audio or a video. it´s more noticable when the volume is very low. also the mute button seems to trigger this sound, so every time I press mute it clicks, unmute clicks again.

there also another issue that I am not sure if it's related to this one or not, but sometimes when the volume is a bit low my bluetooth headphones will only output sound from one speaker. this is completely random, and sometimes it fixes itself other times I have to raise the volume a bit to get the other speaker to output voice. this does't happen on wired connection.

Should I be concerned about any of this?

btw, I have the latest driver from acer website and I tried reinstalling it but did not resolve the issue.

I recorded the clicking sound here https://vocaroo.com/1jHzIIB1Tt7A
you may need to raise the volume a bit to notice the clicking. It's very subtle

Lutfij

Titan
Acer have a number of Aspire 3 laptop's in their portfolio, both old and new. Can you please state the model/SKU to the mobile computing device. That being said, use the serial number for your laptop in Acers's support page and see if you've got any BIOS updates pending. You can use CPU-Z and see under Mainboard's tab to understand what your current BIOS version is. If you do have a BIOS update pending, perform that, then check to see if your OS is pending updates, then uninstall your audio driver, then manually reinstall your audio driver with the latest off of Acer's support site(the page where you'd found the BIOS version) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Holyengines

Prominent
Jun 15, 2021
Acer have a number of Aspire 3 laptop's in their portfolio, both old and new. Can you please state the model/SKU to the mobile computing device. That being said, use the serial number for your laptop in Acers's support page and see if you've got any BIOS updates pending. You can use CPU-Z and see under Mainboard's tab to understand what your current BIOS version is. If you do have a BIOS update pending, perform that, then check to see if your OS is pending updates, then uninstall your audio driver, then manually reinstall your audio driver with the latest off of Acer's support site(the page where you'd found the BIOS version) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

the model is A315-58-55T2
I just installed the latest bios version but when I tried to reinstall the audio driver, I noticed that it doesn´t get uninstalled in the first place. when I click uninstall from device manager it just disapears and reappears after a restart.

Lutfij

Titan
You reinstall the drivers prior to the reboot since the OS will download and install the drivers it thinks is missing or necessary. In fact the installer should be within the Windows folder, so it retrieves the driver it thinks is most appropriate on the fly...which isn't actually the right thing.

Holyengines

Prominent
Jun 15, 2021
You reinstall the drivers prior to the reboot since the OS will download and install the drivers it thinks is missing or necessary. In fact the installer should be within the Windows folder, so it retrieves the driver it thinks is most appropriate on the fly...which isn't actually the right thing.

ok, so I just reinstalled the latest driver again from acer website but still having the same issue. I can actually live with it but I am concerned that there is a hardware failure in the laptop and I just bought it like a week ago. is this likely?

Lutfij

Titan
If you're not comfortable with what's happening you're yet under warranty and ofc within your return window(I think, not sure about how things are on your end) or you can RMA.

Last I checked DDU has the option to remove audio drivers too. Maybe it was on another older version. Perhaps that's something to check out?

TRENDING THREADS