Question Clicking sounds from water cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

spjuver

Honorable
Jun 9, 2016
Lately, I've been experiencing a clicking sound coming out of my water cooler Corsair H100. Sometimes it's more and sometimes less. When I'm pushing the fans there is, of course, more clicking. Does someone know why this is happening and if there is an easy fix for that?

Could some of the fans come loose and making this sound?

Sound Recording

Last edited:
Pull the fans and clean them and clean the radiator. The combination of these two things should remove any debris or dust or what ever that might be clicking. If there is a physical interference, hopefully removing the fans will alleviate that issue. As you are cleaning, look for any damage or something that may be causing the noise.

I'm at work for now so am not able to listen to your file. But take the steps above for general troubleshooting.

First thing first, I would unplug one fan, run the system (dont push it obviously since its only one fan), and see if it persists.
If it stops, its that fan, if it continues, try the other fan.
If it continues after checking both fans one at a time, then its probably the pump impeller.

spjuver

Honorable
Jun 9, 2016
I finally cleaned the fans and the cooler plus replaced the old thermal paste on the processor. Now I rarely hear the clicking sound, it's coming back sometimes during intensive processes. Not much as before but still.

Something else I had a problem with is the fans sometimes stuck in high-performance mode spinning like crazy. Even though my computer is on low performance the cooler is running like crazy and the only way to stop it is to give it a small punch so it's jumping back to normal speed.

I'm thinking if I should buy another cooler and throw this one away. Its approx 4 years old. I don't know how´s the life span of those products. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.