Question Cloned OS to m.2 SSD, cannot format C Drive

Sep 29, 2020
Hello there, first time posting after lurking here for some time whenever I find myself stuck.
I recently bought an Adata XPG SX8200 Pro (1TB) to move my windows 10 home install to from my barracuda 2tb, as well as some other information. I only had only used 400gb on the barracuda so i figured it wouldn't be too difficult to clone my C: drive and then wipe it clean after moving the OS and other information over to the m.2 drive.

I used EaseUs ToDo backup to clone it and had no issues booting from my SSD. I had even unplugged my other drives and booted solely from the SSD and didn't see any concerns. My issue is when I attempt to re-format my C: drive, I get "you cannot format this volume, it contains the version of Windows that you are using. Formatting this drive could cause your computer to stop working"

I'm unsure how I could go about cleaning out my C: drive to maximize space, or if I should be trying something else out to correct it. I also have some applications it seems still within the C: drive through ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

madmatt30

Titan
Ambassador
You need to change your boot order in bios, and remove the barracuda completely from the boot menu.

It would seem when your old drive is connected its taking boot priority over the nvme drive and booting that windows installation instead.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS