[SOLVED] Cloning issue insufficient space (Larger HDD to smaller SSD) - Macrium Reflect

Jmusic88

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
I am trying to clone my HDD to SSD but I am having issues with space. My HDD is a bigger drive than my SSD but I am not selecting all of the partitions. My HDD is partitioned into 2 Drives (C which is the OS drive, and D which is my DATA D drive). D drive is purely used for file storage.

When I deselect my D drive, it says "Not all copied. Insufficient space.". However, when I also deselect "7 - Restore (None)" which is only 20 GB max, it allows me to click next. I know all other drives are required, including the Recovery Partition but Is the Restore Drive a required partition to clone? Can I deselect it and continue?

I am using Macrium Reflect Free version on Windows 10.

Please help. Attached is a screenshot below.

Thank you!

View: https://imgur.com/a/ze91aDA

Solution
Drag the partitions down one at a time, when you do C: you can expand it by selecting it & clicking the Cloned Partition properties link below it. Set it about 464GB; that should give you room to fit that last 450Mb one in.

popatim

Titan
Drag the partitions down one at a time, when you do C: you can expand it by selecting it & clicking the Cloned Partition properties link below it. Set it about 464GB; that should give you room to fit that last 450Mb one in.

Solution

Jmusic88

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020

Hi thanks it did work by dragging I realized it afterwards. Although Macrium wouldn't clone my drive because of a bad sector. I ended up using easeus todo backup, it cloned it over with no issues or errors.

Thanks for your response!