Question Cloning

Nasho23

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2013
This is my Scenario - I have Two Machines - Office PC has PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD , with WIN 10, Programs & Data (Only One M.2 Slot) to be Cloned to Second PC, which has New Empty PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, also only one M.2 Slot. HOW would you Connect the Two Machines, to perform a Clone - First PC to Second PC. Your Advice would be most appreciated, on this lovely Xmas day. Cheers, Owen Carlton

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can't clone one pc to another like that. each needs a fresh windows install. also need a valid license for each machine. it won't activate on one machine then carry over to another.

can't clone it that way either way.

you're just gonna have to do a fresh install to that second pc

USAFRet

Titan
This is my Scenario - I have Two Machines - Office PC has PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD , with WIN 10, Programs & Data (Only One M.2 Slot) to be Cloned to Second PC, which has New Empty PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, also only one M.2 Slot. HOW would you Connect the Two Machines, to perform a Clone - First PC to Second PC. Your Advice would be most appreciated, on this lovely Xmas day. Cheers, Owen Carlton
Not gonna work.

Just install your needed applications, and later, copy your personal data across.

You can take a clone of the full nvme drive and store it on a USB flash drive or external HDD, most cloning software have a tool to make bootable media.
You can then restore this image to a new nvme on a different system by booting from that media.

All the things the others said are still true, it will have issues with activation and could have many issues and might not even load into windows.