Question Cloud based servers or services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bman44

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
Hi there, Not sure if this is the right place to be asking but I just want some general advice on the bellow.

The company I now work for expanded rapidly but the tech side did not keep up, currently, there are about 50-60 active devices on the network, however, there is no server, they are also not keen on the idea of running a local server.
I myself do not have a lot of experience with cloud-based servers or services such as Meraki so I would like to ask for some advice from those who do, it does not need to be Windows-based or have all server functionality. I listed the most important function needed for now below. It would be great to have room for a lot more functions if possible however these are the points I would like to focus on and sort out first.

AD DS or some sort of roaming profile functionality.
Remote device management including software deployments.
Web filtering/proxy server type functionality.
I would be happy to provide any additional information needed as I know this is a bit bare.

Thank you in advance

Bman44

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
I was hoping someone else would help me out here but it seems not, I apologize if I did not make this clear but my boss does not care or understand anything about IT, they hired me because they are cheap and don't want to use people with experience and I need a job If I could just go find companies would I really need to be here ?

There is a very good reason that people with the proper training and certifications demand a higher salary.

What you are asking is as silly as asking how to fly a commercial airplane on a forum when you have not even read a book on how airplanes work.

What you are asking can easily take a couple years to learn it is not something someone can give you a short answer on a forum. Even if someone were to try to give you a specific answer you likely would not understand what the words even mean because you have not done the work. Still you are asking someone on the forum to do your job for you for free and you collect the paycheck.

What will be funny is if you spend day and night studying and figure this out and then your cheap boss kicks you to the street because he feels he no longer needs you once it is installed.

Reactions: Alabalcho

Bman44

Commendable
Jun 20, 2017
There is a very good reason that people with the proper training and certifications demand a higher salary.

What you are asking is as silly as asking how to fly a commercial airplane on a forum when you have not even read a book on how airplanes work.

What you are asking can easily take a couple years to learn it is not something someone can give you a short answer on a forum. Even if someone were to try to give you a specific answer you likely would not understand what the words even mean because you have not done the work. Still you are asking someone on the forum to do your job for you for free and you collect the paycheck.

What will be funny is if you spend day and night studying and figure this out and then your cheap boss kicks you to the street because he feels he no longer needs you once it is installed.

I was going to ask about onelogin and the fact that it seems to work with AWS without the need for a server as I have been doing as much research as possible while trying to convince them to run a local server as this is what I know, what I studied but in a country where unemployment is 5 times higher than the US asking too many questions gets you fired and replaced in 4 seconds. So I wanted to know a bit more about cloud-based servers, just a point in the right direction however this is the reply I get, Thank you very much for you're help. I'll just quit today [Mod Edit for Language]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to ask about onelogin and the fact that it seems to work with AWS without the need for a server as I have been doing as much research as possible while trying to convince them to run a local server as this is what I know, what I studied but in a country where unemployment is 5 times higher than the US asking too many questions gets you fired and replaced in 4 seconds. So I wanted to know a bit more about cloud-based servers, just a point in the right direction however this is the reply I get, Thank you very much for you're help. I'll just quit today [Mod Edit for Language]
I do love a salty response when someone receives the only answer available to them, good luck flying that Airbus A380!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS