[SOLVED] Cmos and no ssd

Apr 7, 2022
So during plugging in a USB I pressed the cmos button while the pc was on. It shut down and then wouldn't boot past bios.

Error that it showed was fan header not connected. So I went onto fan speed and ignored that. Pressed save and restart and it just loads of bios.

Ive discovered my ssd isn't showing on the boot menu as well. I've took battery out of the mother board and it's made no difference. I've also tried loading the saved presets and no difference. Also tried csm enabling and disabling.

Spec i9 10900k
Rog thor psu
Rog strix 3090
rog strix hero xiii

Does any one have a solution?

Last edited:
Solution
CPU fan has to be connected to CPU_FAN header (not to any other fan header - CPU_OPT, AIO_PUMP, CHA_FAN1P, CHA_FAN2P, CHA_FAN3P).

What SSD are you using? Is it M.2 NVME ?
Note -
M2_1 slot can not be used with 10th gen cpu ( your i9 10900k).​
M.2 SATA drive can be used only in M2_4 slot. It will not work in any other slot.​
To enable M.2_2 device when PCIE device has been detected in the PCIEx16_1
slot, please go to BIOS > Advanced > Onboard Device Configuration and set it to
PCIEX16_1 + PCIEX16_2 + M.2_2 mode

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model your motherboard? You might want to see if disconnecting from the wall and display then removing the CMOS battery for 30 minutes, then pressing down on the power button for 30 seconds helps you out.

If you're able to get into BIOS, you might also want to check and see what BIOS version you're on right now.

Apr 7, 2022
Tried the above and no joy. Still saying cpu header not connected and I've changed the ports for that as well l. Boot priority shows nothing in there.

Bios version is. 0232

Apr 7, 2022
Says on original post that it won't boot past bios. Cpu fan header has never been removed bit as said also above I've changed it to another port and no joy.

Also says above my ssd is no longer showing so I thought it would be obvious I was trying to get this to show and boot to windows.

CPU fan has to be connected to CPU_FAN header (not to any other fan header - CPU_OPT, AIO_PUMP, CHA_FAN1P, CHA_FAN2P, CHA_FAN3P).

Note -
M.2 SATA drive can be used only in M2_4 slot. It will not work in any other slot.​
To enable M.2_2 device when PCIE device has been detected in the PCIEx16_1
slot, please go to BIOS > Advanced > Onboard Device Configuration and set it to
PCIEX16_1 + PCIEX16_2 + M.2_2 mode

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 7, 2022

Note -

Thanks for that. I just managed to find the option on my own and it booted up. However you was right this was the issue and would of helped me massively.