guggas

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Hey guys, Ive not built a PC since about 2013 and I'm getting that deer in the headlights feeling with all the new technology and acronyms. I'm putting together a PC for my brother and I ordered this motherboard: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390M Pro4/index.asp#Specification Asrock Z390M Pro4

The motherboard specifications say it supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module and Intel CNVi (Integrated WiFi/BT)**
**Supports CNVio1 WiFi module(Intel Wireless-AC 9560/9462/9461) only

So what additional parts do I need to order if I want to utilize this socket? I believe I need a wifi card and some antennae that will protrude out the back of the PC case?
I see some Intel 9560 cards for sale on amazon but they dont appear to include any antennae. Is there a kit I can buy that will have all the parts I need in it? Seems like this would be a little more straight forward and easier to find the parts...maybe I'm getting old..:)

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Hey guys, Ive not built a PC since about 2013 and I'm getting that deer in the headlights feeling with all the new technology and acronyms. I'm putting together a PC for my brother and I ordered this motherboard: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390M Pro4/index.asp#Specification Asrock Z390M Pro4

The motherboard specifications say it supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module and Intel CNVi (Integrated WiFi/BT)**

So what additional parts do I need to order if I want to utilize this socket? I believe I need a wifi card and some antennae that will protrude out the back of the PC case?
I see some Intel 9560 cards for sale on amazon but they dont appear to include...

I see some Intel 9560 cards for sale on amazon but they dont appear to include any antennae. Is there a kit I can buy that will have all the parts I need in it? Seems like this would be a little more straight forward and easier to find the parts...maybe I'm getting old..:)

Thanks for your help.
Because of M.2 socket placement it's imposible for such card to reach back of the case to directly connect antennae to it. You need an antenna kit for it. It should contain one plate to fit a PCI slot at back of case, two thin cables with button connectors to connetct to that module and two antennae for 2.4GHz.
You are probbaly better of with just a PCIe adapter card.

Solution