[SOLVED] Coax to Ethernet Adapter

JLMullins

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I have ethernet cable coming into my home. I have a cable (coax) modem. Is there an adapter to connect the ethernet cable to a cable modem? Say screw onto the model cable input and have an place to plug the ethernet cable into.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Solution
If you have an ethernet cable coming into your home, I would try to see if you can get Internet from that by itself. If so, then you only need a router and don't need a modem.
Although the cable might look like ethernet it must be something else or you have a electronic device like a fiber ONT someplace in the house.

Most people that say this are looking at a telephone line and it needs to connect to a device with a DSL modem in it. You can not hook a cable modem to a dsl line they are very different.

The reason it can not be a actual ethenet cable is ethernet can only go 100 meters and the ISP office is much farther than that. Now if you live in a apartment then it might be a actual ethernet where the apartment complex has a switch or something to provide internet.

Nov 28, 2019
As SamirD said, you should try just plugging the ethernet up to a router, if that doesnt work try putting it on the modem and setting it to bridge mode and attach the modem to the router.

TRENDING THREADS