COH controls

A poster in another group asked if CoH supported joypads and I said I
would ask in here. So, does CoH support joypads?

Lynely :O)

Lynley James wrote:
> A poster in another group asked if CoH supported joypads and I said I
> would ask in here. So, does CoH support joypads?
>
> Lynely :O)

You could probably name a heroine named Joy Pads.

Lynley James <lynley.james@gmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> A poster in another group asked if CoH supported joypads and I said I
> would ask in here. So, does CoH support joypads?
>
> Lynely :O)

I have no idea if it does or not, but from my experience in playing CoH, I
don't think you COULD play it very well with a gamepad. The game is just
too complex to be able to control without a bunch of keyboard keys.

Btw, that's what they are called, not "joypad." It's "gamepad" or
"joystick" but not "joypad". "Joypad" makes my skin crawl. Thank you, this
has been a public service announcement. BTW, I'm pretty sure the guy that
came up with the name "joystick" was a perv.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-04-04, Lynley James <lynley.james@gmail.com> wrote:
> A poster in another group asked if CoH supported joypads and I said I
> would ask in here. So, does CoH support joypads?

If this was under UNIX I'd say anything could support a joypad
because you could just remap the input events fairly easily to
type individual keys.

Perhaps Windows has software that does something similar?

Why in the world would you want a joypad anyway? It's far easier
to select your powers through keys.

Thusly Lynley James <lynley.james@gmail.com> Spake Unto All:

>A poster in another group asked if CoH supported joypads and I said I
>would ask in here. So, does CoH support joypads?

God, I hope not.

--
Fun Fact of the Day: In exit polls at the election 2004 the percentage of American
voters citing moral and ethical values as their prime concern was 22 percent,

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:26:54 -0500, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
wrote:

>On 2005-04-04, Lynley James <lynley.james@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A poster in another group asked if CoH supported joypads and I said I
>> would ask in here. So, does CoH support joypads?
>
>If this was under UNIX I'd say anything could support a joypad
>because you could just remap the input events fairly easily to
>type individual keys.
>
>Perhaps Windows has software that does something similar?
>
>Why in the world would you want a joypad anyway? It's far easier
>to select your powers through keys.

I don't, aguy over in the marvel NG has only ever played on consoles
and is used to joypads, that's what we call 'em down here so I am
gonna stick with it. He started up on CoH and wanted to know if he
could use a pad. SInec I lurk here and he doesn't, I thought I'd be
friendly and find out for him.

Lynley