Coincidence? Microsoft Launches Office Next Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
meh, office is office.... It's supposed to be for production line work(blogging is far from that)
If we were to deploy this crap we would prolly disable the blogging/cloud/whatever functions as we need people to WORK, not screw around on crap like this....

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]meh, office is office.... It's supposed to be for production line work(blogging is far from that)If we were to deploy this crap we would prolly disable the blogging/cloud/whatever functions as we need people to WORK, not screw around on crap like this....[/citation]

I dont see this as the case. I beleave that intergrating Blog, Social network, and Cloud features are very usefull and important features for Companies moving forward.

The reasons are as follows:
1) most companies already have links to some form of social netwrking.
2) The military has already allowed people to use Facebook on government networks ( this was not previously allowed)
3) People are becoming alot more mobile with the electronics they buy.
4) there are lots of people that are using Social Network sights to find jobs, or to find employees.

I would say it would be bad toignore the fact that people have already heavily migrated to social media, that people are moving around with limited storage (16 gigs on a phone, 32 tablet, but at home 2 terrabites for example), and the more active roll companies are having on sights like facebook.

I would no put it beyond M$ to intergrate tools in there next release that would allow for some kind of social network intergration. If your sending out a message to all th customers, the ability to compose and broadcast messages to multiple communication streams instantly from one window would be nice. Not to mention its a buzz kill if you cant get important documents to who needs it, a cloud set up for team projects would allow members to work independently, or as team while minimizing the potential of loosing important documents (forgetting your notebook as you fly home from an over seas trip.)

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]meh, office is office.... It's supposed to be for production line work(blogging is far from that)If we were to deploy this crap we would prolly disable the blogging/cloud/whatever functions as we need people to WORK, not screw around on crap like this....[/citation]
Social networking elements are being pushed in lots of major corporations, being able to more easily share information has been a goal for years and now we have the technology. One person says social network and everyone thinks people are dicking around on Facebook. Not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.