Cold Boot Disp error

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
For some reason, when I cold boot my machine, get horrible lines and artifacts on screen, even in bios - so must be a vid card prob. Only problem is, it's my comp and work, and as I am not IT, can't dl drivers, tweak settings, etc.. Running a 64mb Geforce 2 mx400 with 11/18/02 drivers. The really weird part is when I reset the comp from Windows (has to be from windows, can't use reset button, or artifacts appear again), the screen is fine. Any ideas?

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Heat. You probably caused permanent dammage to the core or mem already. Can you describe the artifacts?

<A HREF="http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/myrig.php?do=view&id=17301" target="_new">My PC</A>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Dosn't sound like a heat issue at all. In fact, it seems like his card needs to heat up to operate correctly! If this is the case then it could be some capacitors on the board or something.

But... no matter what the reason, theres almost no chance you'd be allowed to do anything to solve it, so why ask?

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

chimairaa

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
yea...i had the same problem in the past on a gf2mx....it did that occassionally when the monitor cable wasnt completely in snug in the back.

yep, strings.