Question Cold War crashing

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Morning everyone :), I’ve been having a problem with Black Ops Cold War,. I never had this problem before. But a month back. I started experiencing crashes while loading up to the game. But before it goes to the main menu it crashes my pc and it restarts it. I’ve done so much research, I thought it was my pc at first. But then I did a diagnostic test and there was no errors in my system. I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Maybe you guys can help me. I would be very appreciative. I thought my pc was broken. But this would only happen to this game. Warzone is fine. Other gpu heavy games are fine. So I don’t know.
Thank you in advanced :)

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
No, it was pre OC’ed. I’ve had this pc for about 6 months. I would play Cold War perfectly. Then one it started crashing my system. I first thought it was internal damage. But I scanned for malware, did a full system scan. Ram a full system diagnostics test. The results came back “there was no detected errors in your system”

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
So the computer can’t be. Bc I play everything but Cold War. And then the thing is where it doesn’t make sense. It sometimes, it actually works and boots up fine. And plays on full heavy graphics.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I was alluding to the possibility of crashing caused by heat - not necessarily the cpu nor gpu.
The use of AVX instructions sets CoD: Cold War apart from a number of titles. It's likely the most cpu heavy game you play, going by what you describe.

Do you know how to remove the overclock? You probably don't, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
Not sure his pre built of that quality would run into a failing AIO that soon, but, we've seen stranger things. I know that CW runs AVX, honestly just didn't think it would be heat off the bat. :p

Wonder if he went to bed? Last message was 40 mins ago, and the messages before were pretty quick.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's easy enough to go into the bios, find and select the option to run motherboard defaults... but some boards have All Core Enhancement enabled by default, so you'd then have to go back into bios and disable it.

It’s just if there was a problem it would be a problem for other things. How come for only one game though?
-Recent update broke the game? IDK, I don't play Cold War.

-Unstable OC. Not sure about this one. The ones applied by the system integrators are auto OCs, as far as I know.
I was suspecting too much power/heat around the VRM area when playing that game. It sounds like the hardest game to run, as you described before.

-Power supply. There just so happens to be a handy review of this unit available: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-750-g5-power-supply,6344.html
Oh dear. Poor transient response... and Ampere has been reported to have high transient power spikes...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Game update: You're stuck waiting on that one.

Removing the OC: If you choose to do so. The alternative is to run with the side panel removed - may, or may not be enough to check for overheating by itself.
Easy as going into bios, clicking the Save & Exit tab. Load Optimized Defaults is right there. Enable that, and Save & Exit Setup.

If the 9900K is observed clocking beyond it's default parameters, then Enhanced Multi Core Performance is enabled.
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i9/i9-9900k#Frequencies
Go back into bios > M.I.T. tab > Advanced Frequency Settings > Enhanced Multi-Core Performance. Disable it, don't leave it on Auto.

Psu: Definitely not helping things here. Don't know what to suggest beyond trying a spare.

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
I called NZXT since it’s a prebuilt. And they told me to uninstall it completely with a program that will delete all the lingering files. If that doesn’t work then a fresh Windows should resolve the issue