Colors not printing as expected

peter

I have a Canon S900 and an Epson Stylus Photo. Until
recently everything worked fine. Now I cannot get colors
to print correctly on either printer. Everything is washed
out or with a blue or green hue. Because both printers are
failing to print properly I guess the problem must be to
do with a Windows XP setting that somehow has become
changed.

Can anyone help?

Are you using genuine ink or not? Have you run cleaning and maintenance
cycles as per the printer manuals?
www.coribright.com

"Peter" <peter@brittain.plus.com> wrote in message
> I have a Canon S900 and an Epson Stylus Photo. Until
> recently everything worked fine. Now I cannot get colors
> to print correctly on either printer. Everything is washed
> out or with a blue or green hue. Because both printers are
> failing to print properly I guess the problem must be to
> do with a Windows XP setting that somehow has become
> changed.
>
> Can anyone help?

peter

I am using a mixture of genuine and compatible in which I
have done for years. I have tried "Cleaning" and "Deep
Clening" but no difference. I would have thought that
because it has happend with both printer similtaneously
that it was more likely to be something to do with Window?

Peter
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Peter" <peter@brittain.plus.com> wrote in message
>> I have a Canon S900 and an Epson Stylus Photo. Until
>> recently everything worked fine. Now I cannot get colors
>> to print correctly on either printer. Everything is
washed
>> out or with a blue or green hue. Because both printers
are
>> failing to print properly I guess the problem must be to
>> do with a Windows XP setting that somehow has become
>> changed.
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>

>.

Is a color-matching profile in use (Printer Properties in the printer
driver settings)? If so, has it changed? e.g. have you installed a graphics
program or update for one that might have changed this setting?

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"Peter" <peter@brittain.plus.com> wrote in message
>I have a Canon S900 and an Epson Stylus Photo. Until
> recently everything worked fine. Now I cannot get colors
> to print correctly on either printer. Everything is washed
> out or with a blue or green hue. Because both printers are
> failing to print properly I guess the problem must be to
> do with a Windows XP setting that somehow has become
> changed.
>
> Can anyone help?

peter

Do you mean Color Profiles? The answer is I con't know if
they have changed. I'm not aware of any new graphics
programs either.

I see I was not sufficiently explicit. I wanted you to actually check to see
if a profile was in use.
To do this, navigate to Control Panel Printers and faxes and highlight the
printer. Right Click Select Properties from the context menu. Select
Color Management. Check the Color for color profiles in the list. For
future reference, note the selected entry if there is one the delete it. OK
out.

Check printing.

Does anyone else use the computer? If so, could you check to see if they
added any programs since the time the color was printing better?

Let us know.
Tom
MSMVP-DTS

> Do you mean Color Profiles? The answer is I con't know if
> they have changed. I'm not aware of any new graphics
> programs either.

peter

I did as yiu suggested and deleted the Color Profile and
checked the printing. The printing on the Epson was normal
but on the Canon there was no change. Any suggestions?

No one else uses these printers.

Peter

Just for greater assurance, did you check the setting in both the Canon and
Epson drivers?

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

>I did as yiu suggested and deleted the Color Profile and
> checked the printing. The printing on the Epson was normal
> but on the Canon there was no change. Any suggestions?
>
> No one else uses these printers.
>
> Peter

peter

Yes I did and removed both

OK. I hope the Epson is now producing better color.

For the Canon, go back to the setting for Color Profiles; click on Add and
see what, if anything is listed. Try another profile, if possible.

Let me know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

> Yes I did and removed both

peter

No Colour Profile was listed. I've tried a number of
profiles and there is no difference. I tried printing from
Paintshop Pro and Microsoft Photo Editor and all the
blacks are printed as green. If I print a wWord document
the black is fine but the colours are nothing like they
should be.

I've also tried uninstalling the printer, including
deleting drivers and tghen reinstalling again but without
any improvement.

>OK. I hope the Epson is now producing better color.
>
>For the Canon, go back to the setting for Color Profiles;
click on Add and
>see what, if anything is listed. Try another profile, if
possible.

>Let me know.
>
>Tom
>MSMVP-DTS
>

>"Peter" <peter@brittain.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Yes I did and removed both

It might be a printer problem. e.g. color cartridge(s) need to be replaced,
or a partially clogged nozzle. Try running the head-cleaning utility for the
printer.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS