Come Back To WoW, Get Free Cataclysm Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Wow (no pun intended,) I never thought I'd see Blizz resort to things like this.

Either way, this should help open the game to more people who are scared away at the task of leveling from 1 to 85.

eggbrook

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
They give all these great deals and yet if you gave the game a second chance a while ago and got a scroll or rez already you are out of luck. Too bad I'd be willing to pay for a month of WoW to get a free level 80 a realm/faction change. Meh I'll spend my 15 dollars on something better.

wmalinowski

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
After Blizzard banned my account because they think I was "farm gold" (when my account didn't have a subscription), I'm suppose to invite a friend over to WOW? Screw that.........

G

Unfortunately, this won't work for me. If they make the subscription cost $5 (or less) a month, that would actually get me back.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Let's see, a bump of any character to level 80? Sounds like a power leveling service. Epic level flying, free server and faction transfer, 7000 gold in freebies? This just isn't good.

And what a people suppose to come back to Blizzard? You have no new content coming out for this expansion, you already said Dragon Soul would be the last. Doesn't the game have enough level 80+ characters running around that can not play their class because the leveling is so easy and fast now?

As a former player this would not entice me back. It sounds like an indirect way of selling in game items, something they said they would never do.

Blizz, you want people to come back? Then put the Warcraft back into World of Warcraft. For two straight expansions you have delivered less than half the content you talked about in the betas. Cataclysm was even much worse than Wrath. Three content updates, one of which was just rehashed 5 persons that were old raids just to bring back mounts into the game.

Where was Kul Tiras? Where was Danath returning from Outland to confront Sylvanas over what she did to his nephew? Where was the conflict between the Argent Crusade and The Forsaken about the Forsaken replaguing areas that the Crusade has been cleansing? Where was the resolution to what happened in Andorhol? All these things, and a lot more, you said would be in this expansion and none of them showed up.

Ever since you started trying to cater to the Farmville/Angry Bird casuals, which by the way is about the time Vivendi made Bobby Kotick CEO of Activision Blizzard, WoW has stagnated. BC ended with 11.5 million subs. The only bump seen since BC ended was in China after the august 2010 release of Wrath there, and they had been on BC for nearly 4 years and they rejected Wrath pretty quickly. Not to mention that's not the place you expect to find the "casuals" that seems to be the desired market even over the Warcraft fan.

And not only has WoW stagnated, but the comics and magazine have been cancelled. The novels' sales have been bad. I think it's obvious that the Warcraft fan is leaving.

You want players back? Get the story back in. Stop with the little gimmicks that might give a few days worth of use but won't solve the problem long term.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Doing shit like this is why I won't go back, I spent all my friggin time playing hard and I mean hard(long hours) just to get to max level.
This was before it became a breeze levelling, Then I spent even longer to get all decked out in full epic pvp season 1 gear, Just as I complete the set you virtually give it out to all the noobs for not even half the effort and release season 2,Thanks for shiiting in my face!
The whole point of the game is to "EARN IT",Half the fun is getting there, Not being max level straight away with mounts and gear.
You shoot yourself in the foot by giving away stuff easily, MMO's fun is levelling, If people are already on the high end content why would they bother playing any longer.
A true next gen mmo cash cow would have not 50 levels not 100 levels but hundreds or possibly even infinite levels to keep people hooked on being the best, Want to keep playing to reach even higher levels and have more power,godlike!
Reward those players who have been there the longest,Just like real life in a workplace,Longer you have been there the more benefits,long service leave or payout you are gonna get!

eklerus

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
i'm stuck on a crappy realm need more then 100 euro to move my characters i quit just out of principle not because the game is bad or something just because blizzard is stupid

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]wmalinowski[/nom]After Blizzard banned my account because they think I was "farm gold" (when my account didn't have a subscription), I'm suppose to invite a friend over to WOW? Screw that.........[/citation]
Maybe your pass was stolen and somebody actually used it that way.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ROFL...I think the ding to 80 is a little absurd but otherwise all these things they are JUST now offering as incentive...umm how about 4 years ago when it matterd and would have made a difference. It's called customer appreciation, and it has been more than lacking from blizzard for far to long IMHO. When the first expansion demanded cold hard cash I dropped the game. Customer appreciation blizzard, for real.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I guess I will be playing for free soon. I always wanted to play it but didn't want to spend the 15$ sub fee. Looks like it will be like everquest online soon. WOOOOHOOO. If you played for five year that would have been 900$ for the 5 years of playing. This is why I will never pay for sub fee for games!!

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Cata was a turd. Just shows that they have to give it away. Content wasn't horrible, but class changes are what caused me to stop playing.

amstech

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
WoW is losing thousands of subscribers per day.
If they want to keep peeple playing they need to adjust thier monthly premium.

I would keep my account up and consider playing here and there if it was $5 a month.
But $15? No way.

I'll check out the new zones when Pandaria hits but after that I'll turn my account back off.

Sorry your game system allows for its users to be take advantage of. My sons account is marked due to some mount trade he was conned into. We learn this only when he was denied the year subscription and free Diablo 3 advertised earlier this year. This much like the other advertisement is just a ploy to get old players back which you will deny most account owners due to some problem with their account. No thanks.

cpusavant

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Only problem is that they lost a lot of subscribers because of cata, not before it. So offering a cata upgrade to people who already have it and don't like it isn't gonna work too well.

Come back to a game after you ruined it, Blizzard? Yeah, I'm not some Angry Birds player. You want me or most of the other players who left then you fix the game. Stupid blizzard practically ruined the talent system so you can't go half and half for PVP anymore (Death knight, blood/frost or blood/ghoul specs were very tough to beat, but can't be done anymore). I don't want to play a dumb downed game where I can kill monsters that are eight or nine levels higher than me with ease, I remember when I had to really fight just to beat a guy only two levels higher while leveling! I played ever since the public beta for WoW years ago, now it's just crap for the casuals who don't really care about the game.

When a game stops being challenging, well then it's time to leave. No amount of incentive will change that except for fixing the problem at it's source and making it cheaper. However, Blizzard might not be able to afford that anymore... To many leavers. Gee, I wonder why THAT happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.