Coming out of console mode. Vampire bloodlines stops running

Cheshirecat

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005

When I leave the console mode in vampire masquerade bloodlines, I lose
control of the keys and mouse. The game cursor is replaced with regular
windows cursor and I can't move round etc. The only key that works is the ~,
so I can reenter the console, and I can type fine in there. It's as if focus
has been lost from the game window.
Any ideas please?

hermann

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2004

> When I leave the console mode in vampire masquerade
> bloodlines, I lose control of the keys and mouse. The game
> cursor is replaced with regular windows cursor and I can't
> move round etc. The only key that works is the ~, so I can
> reenter the console, and I can type fine in there. It's as if
> focus has been lost from the game window.
> Any ideas please?

Common "bug" (console modes are typically not supported), IIRC.

A quick and dirty fix which worked for me was to exit the console by
entering the character screen (command "charedit" or "chareditor" - can't
remember which) and then closing the console.

The character screen uses a cursor, and when you exit that screen, the mouse
actions will be captured as normal.

"CheshireCat" <hah@notonyournelly.coom> wrote in message
> When I leave the console mode in vampire masquerade bloodlines, I lose
> control of the keys and mouse. The game cursor is replaced with regular
> windows cursor and I can't move round etc. The only key that works is the
~,
> so I can reenter the console, and I can type fine in there. It's as if
focus
> has been lost from the game window.
> Any ideas please?

The Bloodlines console has the typical 'x' box that one normaly uses
to close a window.
If you enter a console command when the console first appears
on start up, you can close it by clicking the x.
If, however, you open the console after you have loaded a game,
you have to enter the tilde symbol (~) to close it, otherwise
it will freeze as you described.

Joe