[SOLVED] Command Prompt Spam

Jun 22, 2020
In the aftermath of removing a virus, whenever the command prompt is opened, it opens repeatedly in infinite windows until my pc locks up. Getting the popups to stop is as easy as Alt-f4 or closing them from the taskbar, but the command prompt is seemingly useless though since it has to be closed immediately. If anyone has any insight as to what could be causing this or how it can be fixed, its much appreciated.

Solution
When you removed the virus - how did you remove it? Clean install, refresh, or just running an antivirus program? Do you know what virus or malware this was?

Overall, that sounds like something is either running automatically behind the scenes or just a random Windows issue. Given your virus issue - I would lean towards the virus messing up something within Windows when it was removed. Often times virus removal is like the 'cat on a tablecloth' scenario where you try to remove it and it latches on to take more with it.

SinplySeven

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
When you removed the virus - how did you remove it? Clean install, refresh, or just running an antivirus program? Do you know what virus or malware this was?

Overall, that sounds like something is either running automatically behind the scenes or just a random Windows issue. Given your virus issue - I would lean towards the virus messing up something within Windows when it was removed. Often times virus removal is like the 'cat on a tablecloth' scenario where you try to remove it and it latches on to take more with it.

Last edited:
Solution