Commodore C64 Returns With Atom, Ion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be nice to know the price; Commodore needs to keep it real, though. Even for a brand name like that, I would not pay much more over what the hardware is actually worth.

Great it will be over priced just to relive the good old days. The 80s were the last decade that America and Europe was free. Now one has to get a license to blog in Philly and in many states a license to fish!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]at least it's not apple[/citation]
apple has nothing to do with the article fan boy.

i wonder who the target demographic is for this?

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Great it will be over priced just to relive the good old days. The 80s were the last decade that America and Europe was free. Now one has to get a license to blog in Philly and in many states a license to fish![/citation]

thats because the governments are worried about the ever growing population wondering around doing whatever they wish... the only solution is to make every one get a license before they do something... or... population control! *wicked laugh*

back to the topic, isnt ASUS bringing a keyboard pc with a laptop like trackpad too? in fact all they look like are laptops without the screens!

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Assuming the price isn't ridiculous (which I have a sneaking suspicion it will be), this could be a pretty cool rig to have sitting on your desk. I'll remain hopeful.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
seriously you need a license to blog in Philly? How is that even legal?
I would love to have one as long as I could dual boot into win7 and the original commodore DOS.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]woo!!wonderful memories of playing games like Marble Madness and some kind of baseball game on good ol' C64!!!![/citation]

Hardball!!!

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I like it, I wouldn't mind having a keyboard computer around, generally atom-ion setups are ok in terms of power and fairly reliable. previous gen dual core atoms could actually run most games at a decent fps, everything at low but still...

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]how does my quote make me a fan boy? fan boy of what?[/citation]

Apparently around here if you dislike one company it automatically makes you a fanboy of the competition.

iggybeans

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
Commodore USA run by B.Altman of Hooker Fine Furniture and Homecraft?
This item is pathetic and Commodore USA has little if anything to do with the original company and the C64 (except for an agreement with a company called Commodore Licensing B.V. - which owns the right to license the Commodore name).

Common guy! Even resurrecting the Amiga may be a vague pipe dream (although there some people working toward that).
This is just another (relatively weak) PC styled to sell you on it nostalgia value. I'd be willing to bet that the don't even have this mocked up yet and all your getting are stock photos.

And some of you would buy this? Silly idea meets equally silly consumers.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
So what OS is this thing running on? because the original Commadore software ran on Commodore BASIC 2.0 which was like, 512kb in size? plus the original needed/ran on 64kb of ram.

I think having a 1TB drive and 4GB mem will be lil hardcore to run Q-Link OS.

and Windows 7 would be so wrong on this machine.

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Sounds pretty sweet, but I'd rather have something badass inside like a mobile i7 and 5870. Be hilarious to see an old boat anchor machine playing modern games. May have to make my own...

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]iggybeans[/nom]And some of you would buy this? Silly idea meets equally silly consumers.[/citation]

I guess I could buy one, except it doesn't seem overly impressive. For what it is, I'd hope it'd be a bit higher spec'd. Needs moar power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS