Discussion Community Questions: What's the Biggest Game You've Never Played?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Fallout 4: I couldn't give up more than 5 hours to its soul-suckingness. Awesome set pieces do not make a good game. I will never buy another Bethesda game again. FO4 was this camel's last straw.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Never finished BioShock, nor have I started BioShock

That was one I never go into but heard excellent things!

Ugh, I meant to end that sentence "nor have I started BioShock 2" - BioShock was pretty enjoyable and intriguing from what I have played of it thus far. Life got a little bit in the way, though, and, I think I was getting slightly tired of it (though I'm told that the part I put it down on was probably the lowest point of the game, enjoyability-wise).

Plan to get back to it at some point....

WildCard999

Titan
Ugh, I meant to end that sentence "nor have I started BioShock 2" - BioShock was pretty enjoyable and intriguing from what I have played of it thus far. Life got a little bit in the way, though, and, I think I was getting slightly tired of it (though I'm told that the part I put it down on was probably the lowest point of the game, enjoyability-wise).

Plan to get back to it at some point....
I say the same thing about the Witcher 3. 34 hours in, only like 10% progression then I end up not playing for a few months and have to start from the beginning for the story, rinse & repeat. I swear I'll never finish it.

Reactions: King_V

compprob237

Distinguished
Half-Life
World of Warcraft
Any Final Fantasy
Any Halo
Minecraft
I could keep going but it appears you wanted the "biggest" games.

If I were to isolate it to the games I consider "embarrassing" to miss then it would be:
Half-Life
I own it but just never got around to playing it even though I've played through Half-Life 2.

Somasonic

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
I don't think there's any game I haven't played that I'd be embarrassed to say... Of the 'big' titles, I haven't played any of the battle royale style games. They just aren't my thing. That and survival games.

ryzengamer

Great
Mar 19, 2019
  • Witcher and other Skyrim clones. I have played Skyrim from Oblivion to Online.
  • Metro series, Fallouts and Deus Ex. Too dark to my taste.
  • Fifa and other sport games. I do outdoor sports in real life.
  • Borderlands, Fortinite and other shooters. Just shooting is boring. I like puzzles and missions and I like Tomb raiders and Prince of Persias
  • Tropico. Just Cause 3 is more fun.

In other words, the sun is shining and sea waving in my games.

Apr 9, 2019
As a gamer I played many of above , and bravely i can say that

it is "EVE Online" multiplayer game.

It has a very big unvierse with a lot of planets, moons astroids, ships, items and properties. Different regions, different mechanics of game play in different operations. Hard to learn this game. I played it about 8 years or more and still there are places i didn't visit, game modes /mechanics that i didn't play, I can say i played about only half of it. Still it has patches and addditions.

Now most players are moving to "StarCitizen" (alpha) game which might be much more complex than it is in the future.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I say the same thing about the Witcher 3. 34 hours in, only like 10% progression then I end up not playing for a few months and have to start from the beginning for the story, rinse & repeat. I swear I'll never finish it.

It's been well over a year since I last looked at BioShock . . so . . someday, lol.

Even longer since I put down Dead Space, come to think of it.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
GTAV. Come to that, GTA period.

But also Fortnite, PUBG, WOW, Overwatch, and COD. I... don't game much these past few years. Also, a lot of the "biggest" games aren't really my jam. I'd probably enjoy GTA if I picked it up, though. Probably.

Old player here and for years I really tried anything that feels new: civ, sierra quests, wing commander, dune, bg, diablo, castle wolfenstein, wow, you name it. No more now a days so of course no pubg/fortnite for me but I really don’t care. Anyway the thing that bother me most is about jrpg. I am a huge fan of the genre but never touch Chrono Trigger or that Dragon series. I need some gog right now…

bogda

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I have played many great games in my 35 years of gaming, but the biggest one has to be the first real epic game I played which is "Sid Meier's Pirates!" on C-64 in 1987.
At a time when most of the games were simple running, shooting and gathering you had open world, role playing game in which you are building a career by plundering towns and merchant ships at magical Caribbean. Unforgettable!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Pirates!

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Oooh . . my first epic games were Ultima IV and Ultima V on the C-64.

But, while a different game, one that had a few similar aspects to Pirates! from what I understand was Seven Cities Of Gold, which I'd put rather significant time into.

All three of them were amazing.

Last WOW expansion, I'm so burned out on all the crap they've done to WOW. I just gave up on it and quit after having been there since the beginning. Tired of having to relearn my character abilities and talents all over again every 6 months. Sick of the game bending over backwards for the Horde and always screwing the Alliance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
None of the 1st person shooters
None of the GTA games
Never played Minecraft
Bought but never played any 4X space games
Never played Diablo though I can't say that for other 2
Never played Any X-Box games, was always NIntendo or Sony.
Played the 1st Witcher, never went back. Maybe 1 day but not into 3rd person adventure games

I played Wow, but that was 10 years ago now. I can't say I didn't play that big game.

I been playing games since the late 80's so probably tons of big games I never played.