Compatibility for ~1700€ PC (with PCPartPicker link)

Jan 12, 2019
Hello, I am looking to get a new gaming PC but since there is a lot of money on the line I don't want to put the thing together just to have it go up in smoke because parts are incompatible.

PCPartPicker shows no issues but I am a bit skeptical: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3xQQvn

The Mainboard doesn't list DDR4-3000 under supported RAM. Will the Memory kit still work or would I need something different?

The Mainboard says it supports ONLY 8th Gen CPUs. The Core i7-9700K is 9th Gen. Internet shops say the 9th Gen CPU is supported. Does that work?

On the official Intel website the CPU lists DDR4-2666 as a memory type. Will it work together with the DDR4-3000 kit?

I am not experienced with this unfortunately. I think the power supply is sufficient for everything and I hope the case is big enough for the motherboard, the cooler and the video card. I am mainly concerned about Mainboard+CPU+RAM compatibility, but obviously everything else should fit as well. My goal is go play at a smooth 1080p full HD. 4K is not necessary.

Feedback would be very much appreciated.

Solution
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
Specifications Page
CPU Support List

The case is an ATX mid-tower and the motherboard has the ATX Form factor, so it will fit without issue.

The CPU Support List for that motherboard shows the 9th Generation processors as supported with BIOS version P1.10. Looking at the BIOS available for download, it shows version 1.10 as the initial release, so I'm not sure about that.

The RAM should work at it's rated (DDR4-300) speed once you enable Intel's XMP in the motherboard BIOS. Otherwise, it will run at 2666, I believe.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
Specifications Page
CPU Support List

The case is an ATX mid-tower and the motherboard has the ATX Form factor, so it will fit without issue.

The CPU Support List for that motherboard shows the 9th Generation processors as supported with BIOS version P1.10. Looking at the BIOS available for download, it shows version 1.10 as the initial release, so I'm not sure about that.

The RAM should work at it's rated (DDR4-300) speed once you enable Intel's XMP in the motherboard BIOS. Otherwise, it will run at 2666, I believe.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 12, 2019
Oh, I didn't notice there are all the options listed on the website. Seems like the CPU as well as the RAM (CMK32GX4M2B3000C15) are supported. That is reassuring, thank you. There is a 1.20 BIOS ready to download on the website. I am assuming I should get that on the new machine then?

Jan 12, 2019
You are right, I plan on using a HDD as well. But I have those at home, so I didn't put them into the build.

But getting by with 500GB of SSD isn't that bad since it's very fast and as long as your internet is sufficient you can just switch games around frequently and on demand.

But I am glad that this set-up seems to work together.