Sep 28, 2024
I have this motherboard Asrock A320M HDV 3.0 . And I see it's compatible with 2666 mhz RAM for Summit Ridge procecssors. Theoreticaly, but practically my Ram doesn't work at all.
I have AMD Ryzen 5 1600x on Summit Ridge.
Obviously before buying new RAM I took a look and read carefuly but asd I see, in vain.

I have bought Kingston FURY Beast 16GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit and when I turn on the pc doesnt b boot up, it doenst start the PC . No electricity inside. I don't kno w why. I don't have other PC to test it. But my RAM modules were new sealed.

So, as long it's written clear it's compatible with 2660 Mhz on manufacturer I dont know where is the problem.

Where is the problem and how to solve it? What to do?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
before buying new RAM
If you take out new RAM completely and put back the old RAM, does the PC boot? Or is it dead as well?

Since 0 life usually doesn't mean bad RAM. More like dead MoBo or PSU.

Btw;
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

Sep 28, 2024
If you take out new RAM completely and put back the old RAM, does the PC boot? Or is it dead as well?

Since 0 life usually doesn't mean bad RAM. More like dead MoBo or PSU.

Btw;
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?
Yes if I put back the ram I have G.Skill 8GB DDR 4 CL15 2133 Mhz it works fine normally it boot normally everything ok. But when I put these new 2 Ram memory Kingston Fury 8GBx2 2666t mhz DDR4 it doenst happen anything when I turn on the pc , no electricity. But as I said I bought new one sealed from a very popular store in my country. It's not second hend RAM.

I also had problems in past with a G.skill 8 GB module I had to refund. It started pc normally and then i got bsod's after some minutes, and i asked for refund. But it started normaly. I did a memory tests then and no error founds in those ram G.Skill. But now Nothing happen the PC didint start at all when I press the button.

As for my specs. My PSU The Power is a Zalman ZM 600 W GSI II I bought it new in 2019
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 TI
Asrock A320M HDV 3.0
(all componets were new in 2019 when I bought) No SH components

For me is logical we have to respect the requirements and 2666 Mhz are supported by Asrock A320m HDV 3.0 DDR4. Maybe motherboard has problems I need buy a new one.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Yes if I put back the ram I have G.Skill 8GB DDR 4 CL15 2133 Mhz it works fine normally.
This means that the CPU-MoBo-RAM combo with old RAM, works fine. So, the issue is new RAM set.

But when I put these new 2 Ram memory Kingston Fury it doenst haoppen anything when I turn on the pc , no electricity. But as I said I bought new one sealed from a very popular store in my country.
Here, it is unknown if you have 1 bad RAM stick within the set, both RAM DIMMS are bad or bad RAM slot. This can be found out by testing, but it will take some doing.

I suggest marking two sticks individually (e.g with sticky note) so you know which is which; afterwards start the testing, which is:

DIMM 1 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for image,
DIMM 1 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for image.
Afterwhich:
DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for image,
DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for image.

While this testing is somewhat tedious, it's only way to confirm RAM issues with MoBo on hardware level.
Ideally, you should see image in all 4 tests. If so, both RAM sticks, will work on their own, in all RAM slots of a MoBo.

Of course, with a RAM set of 2 and when both sticks doesn't want to work together, there would be another set of testing with 2 sticks at once, e.g:
DIMM 1 in 1st slot + DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for image,
and the vice-versa as well;
DIMM 1 in 2nd slot + DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for image.

Thus far, it is confirmed that when you have both DIMMs installed, there is no image. But there are 6 different possible combinations. So, i advise you test out all combinations to make sure which of the DIMMs (or even both) or which RAM slot on MoBo doesn't work.

Zalman ZM 600 W GSI II
Zalman ZM-600GSII is a crap quality PSU and i'd replace the PSU as soon as possible.

As of why it is crap quality, well, simple;
1. It has 0 reviews on the internet. Nothing. Nada. So, until PSU isn't proven by 3rd party to belong whichever quality class (crap/low/mediocre/good/great), it is assumed that the PSU is crap quality.
2. It has 0 specs on the official page. Only product images: https://www.zalman.com/EN/Product/ProductDetail.do?pageIndex=6&pageSize=10&productSeq=399

So, even the seller, Zalman, themselves, aren't saying what the PSU specifications are. And that two alone, is enough to classify ZM-600GSII as a crap.
Almost all PSUs sold by Zalman are crap. So, best to avoid all Zalman PSUs (but you can buy Zalman PC cases if you like).

For good quality PSU, look towards: Seasonic Focus/Vertex/PRIME, Corsair RMx/RMi/HXi/AXi, Super Flower Leadex Gold/Platinum/Titanium.
For your build, in 550W range. 650W unit doesn't hurt either.

(My 3x PCs are also powered by Seasonic. I have 2x PRIME TX-650 units and one Focus PX-550 unit. Full specs with pics in my sig.)