[SOLVED] Compatibility issues

Jul 30, 2020
So I’m building my first gaming setup using PC part picker but it’s giving me the compatibility note about physical dimension restrictions, “some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler/ RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders. I’m currently opting for the G.skill Ripjaws V series 16Gb DDR4-3200 CL16 memory and the Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT 63 CFM liquid cpu cooler. Will this cause any clearance issues?

Solution
I doubt it would cause any clearance problems with RAM.

That warning you saw is probably more so aimed at tower coolers which can be picky about ram height, but the metal or copper "blocks" all in one water coolers use that sit on processors usually aren't all that much wider than the size of the processor itself.

So RAM clearance shouldn't be a problem, but make sure the case you have / are getting has a place to mount the radiator along with enough space for the radiator and the fans that go on said radiator.

Furzumz

Reputable
I doubt it would cause any clearance problems with RAM.

That warning you saw is probably more so aimed at tower coolers which can be picky about ram height, but the metal or copper "blocks" all in one water coolers use that sit on processors usually aren't all that much wider than the size of the processor itself.

So RAM clearance shouldn't be a problem, but make sure the case you have / are getting has a place to mount the radiator along with enough space for the radiator and the fans that go on said radiator.

Reactions: Archaic59
Solution