Question compatibilty of asrock z790 steel legend with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420

nilesh199

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2015
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 is compatible with the Z790 Steel Legend WiFi. The previous one:z690-steel legend had some compatibilty issues.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The previous one:z690-steel legend had some compatibilty issues.

What compatibility issue to be exact? :unsure:

Since both MoBos have LGA1700 CPU socket and Liquid Freezer II 420 supports LGA1700 socket mounting.

Sure, Liquid Freezer II series (all of them), have small fan on the pump, for MoBo VRM cooling (just above CPU socket), and if you are worried that the MoBo VRM heatsink is too tall (which it can be), then you should be able to mount the pump another way, whereby the pump fan is pointing downwards, towards PCI-E slots.

Though, without having both pieces of hardware at hand, and physically testing if pump fan fits above VRM heatsinks, it would be impossible to tell that compatibility.

nilesh199

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2015
What compatibility issue to be exact? :unsure:

Since both MoBos have LGA1700 CPU socket and Liquid Freezer II 420 supports LGA1700 socket mounting.

Sure, Liquid Freezer II series (all of them), have small fan on the pump, for MoBo VRM cooling (just above CPU socket), and if you are worried that the MoBo VRM heatsink is too tall (which it can be), then you should be able to mount the pump another way, whereby the pump fan is pointing downwards, towards PCI-E slots.

Though, without having both pieces of hardware at hand, and physically testing if pump fan fits above VRM heatsinks, it would be impossible to tell that compatibility.
By compatibility issue, i mean that the motherboards interferes with the cooler. This is stated in the cooler online manual at https://support.arctic.de/de/lf2-420.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Best option is when you contact Arctic Cooling and ask them about the compatibility with that specific Z790 chipset MoBo. I'm pretty sure they have already tested it but haven't updated the online manual. Or for the very least, they can get the MoBo to test it, and then update the manual accordingly.

nilesh199

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2015
Best option is when you contact Arctic Cooling and ask them about the compatibility with that specific Z790 chipset MoBo. I'm pretty sure they have already tested it but haven't updated the online manual. Or for the very least, they can get the MoBo to test it, and then update the manual accordingly.
I already tried contacting them by email and social media. ButI haven't received any reply from them .