[SOLVED] Compatible RAM for Laptop

Nov 2, 2020
I have an Asus Ryzen 3250U Laptop (M509DA-EJ741T) with 4GB RAM soldered. I am looking to add another 8GB. Since it's soldered, nothing shows up in SPD Tab (CPU-Z). But, CMD says the part number on the RAM is Samsung M471A5244CB0-CTD. Upon checking Samsung's website, https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/dram/module/M471A5244CB0-CTD/ it's a 2666MHz DDR4 Single Rank RAM. For the upgrade, I have shortlisted this:-

https://www.alternate.co.uk/ADATA/A...x-4-GB-DDR4-2666-MHz-RAM/html/product/1511627
Which I believe is a Dual Rank RAM.

Can someone tell me if it'd work or is there something else I should be looking into?

Last edited:
Solution
It shouldn't really matter about the dual and single rank, especially in this situation with soldered RAM. Laptops are pretty good about being widely compatible with most memory products so long as they are the right TYPE (In this case DDR4 SODIMM) and speed.

So basically, most any good quality DDR4 2666mhz SODIMM that is 1.2v should work. I'd stick to memory products sold by Samsung, Crucial, Micron, SK Hynix, IBM, Intel, Corsair, G.Skill or Mushkin though. I don't like Adata. They are a budget product manufacturer and I have not had particularly good success with some of their products.
What is the ACTUAL, FULL model of your laptop? The model you listed is only part of the model. There should be more that comes after the M509DA and it should be either on a tag on the bottom of the laptop OR under the battery on the case in the battery compartment, if there is one.

In any case, there are several sub models of the M509DA and they all use different hardware.

Nov 2, 2020
What is the ACTUAL, FULL model of your laptop? The model you listed is only part of the model. There should be more that comes after the M509DA and it should be either on a tag on the bottom of the laptop OR under the battery on the case in the battery compartment, if there is one.

In any case, there are several sub models of the M509DA and they all use different hardware.

Sorry for that. It's M509DA-EJ741T

It shouldn't really matter about the dual and single rank, especially in this situation with soldered RAM. Laptops are pretty good about being widely compatible with most memory products so long as they are the right TYPE (In this case DDR4 SODIMM) and speed.

So basically, most any good quality DDR4 2666mhz SODIMM that is 1.2v should work. I'd stick to memory products sold by Samsung, Crucial, Micron, SK Hynix, IBM, Intel, Corsair, G.Skill or Mushkin though. I don't like Adata. They are a budget product manufacturer and I have not had particularly good success with some of their products.

Reactions: redweize
Solution
Nov 2, 2020

Thanks a lot for the input. I will look for other brands then.