Question Compatible Replacement for ntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz that has TPM

Jun 15, 2024
Hello. I have an older Asus machine with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz CPU. I use the machine for day to day stuff, spreadsheets, writing and some light photo and video editing. Along with some light gaming - single player stuff.

My machine lacks a TPM and as such is limited to Windows 10. With support stopping soon I would like to upgrade to Windows 11 and beyond. Is there a more modern Intel CPU that will fit my system that does have a TPM module?

Thanks.

HyperVenom

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
If you really want to upgrade to Windows 11 but if your budget is limited, there’s nothing you can do to your current PC to force the installation of Windows 11, such as bypassing TPM checks. This isn't recommended because you won’t receive official updates from Microsoft. Instead, you can opt for an Intel 9th Gen, or preferably 10th Gen or newer. Even a cheap motherboard like my Gigabyte H410 H V2 can be upgraded to Windows 11. Alternatively, if you don’t mind upgrading to a Ryzen 2000 series something like that, you can do that too, so your upgrades won’t be limited.