[SOLVED] completely new to a pc and im upgrading from a ssd 256gb to 1tb ssd and not sure what to do

Mar 24, 2020
hey guys im anthony new to this forums and new to the pc world , i currently have a alienware r8 that i got at a good price 2nd hand its equipped with i5 9600k and a gtx 2070 blower . Now i keep reading online that i should upgrade my 256 ssd to a 1b ssd so i can run my games from my 1tb sdd because they are currently running from my 1tb hdd ,
so i went ahead and ordered a samsung 1tb ssd i figured out how to install my sdd it doesnt seem too complicated . what im not understanding is what to do next . from what i understand i need to transfer over my os(win10) to this new ssd . i would also like to know how to transfer everything else on pc to this drive. note i dont know how to do anything not even transfer my files .
hope you guys can help and maybe give me some tips on anything at all . the pc world is something i would really like to get into but not sure where to start reason i signed up to this site.
thanks a lot guys .

note i currently have 256bg sdd and a 1tb hdd

Solution
Alienware Aurora R8 Setup and Specifications

Create a USB recovery drive for Windows
Dell

For more information about reinstalling Windows using the USB recovery drive, see the Troubleshooting section of your product's Service Manual
Mar 24, 2020
so im guessing my 256 sdd wont be used anymore ? and will everything i have installed be back installed once i do the usb recovery ? also how much space would i need for usb to have ?