[SOLVED] Component cable converter to HDMI only works on dvd menu?

Jan 9, 2021
I recently bought a component rca cable ypbpr to hdmi converter for my old pioneer dvd player to my new sharp 4k tv. It is powered by a usb cable.The dvd player menu appears on the screen just fine, but when I play a dvd, the signal drops and I get no picture. The pioneer dvd has component outputs as well as your standard yellow, red and white outputs and is capable of displaying both at the same time. So I can test that the dvd is actually playing by connecting a yellow video out cable to another tv at the same time. So in other words, it is playing. I assume since I can see the dvd menu on the screen ONLY connecting the component/hdmi converter, that it must be working. The converter claims to accept 480i , which my old dvd player is playing at I guess. I've tried many dvds (no pirate copies) and the same thing happens. The menu on the old dvd player doesnt have that many setting adjustments but I can choose between 525 interlace and 525 progressive (which makes the tv go crazy with a jumpy picture). When I connect it to another old tv, component works fine. So, where am I going wrong here?

Solution
I considered the copywrite issue..but it does it for all dvds. Could be faulty. Not much support for this product as I suspect the product was made in China and no support exists. Still, thanks for the ideas!

Almost everything electronic is made in China, difference is the brand and price and the factory specs the maker gave to be used. Most bad products are due to the fact they are built on cost not just quality. If one device costs 30 and another 15 the one that costs 15 has to cut corners, use cheaper parts, less quality control, faster production, spend less on support staff.
Jan 9, 2021
Contact support for this converter you bought. Maybe it's a copywrite protection issue or it's simply fauly.
I considered the copywrite issue..but it does it for all dvds. Could be faulty. Not much support for this product as I suspect the product was made in China and no support exists. Still, thanks for the ideas!

Almost everything electronic is made in China, difference is the brand and price and the factory specs the maker gave to be used. Most bad products are due to the fact they are built on cost not just quality. If one device costs 30 and another 15 the one that costs 15 has to cut corners, use cheaper parts, less quality control, faster production, spend less on support staff.

Solution