Compulab Puts Tegra 2 into Super Compact PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Windows and Linux don't run on Arm yet so this thing will probably run Android. Not much of a PC if it's running a Cell/Tablet OS.

industrial_zman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]Windows and Linux don't run on Arm yet so this thing will probably run Android. Not much of a PC if it's running a Cell/Tablet OS.[/citation]

Linux has been on the ARM platform for many many years. http://www.uclinux.org/ This project alone has been around since 1998. What about the Sharp Zaurus SL-5000 and higher, that ran Linux? Or countless number of ARM based DVD/HDDVD/Blu-Ray players that run BusyBox? There are way to many ARM/Linux combination devices just in my house (Linksys SLU2 and WRT54GL just a couple) to list, but you get the point.

Android as well as WebOS and MeeGo runs Linux under the hood. The trend in most newer Linux distro's regardless the platform, is NOT to call it Linux, or it would scare away people from using it.

Microsoft even announced a version of Windows 7/8 that will be on ARM processor later this year or by the time Windows 8 will be ready to the public. Not to mention Microsoft has a very very good track record of supporting ARM in the consumer electronics for a long time as well WindowsCE, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, PocketPC, the list goes on and on...

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
In my opinion; that little tight thing is hot ! :) And it is more portable than a netbook. It is for me a tiny Desktop where you can connect a big screen and every wireless gadget, internet, Linux. No virus. Omg almost perfect ! I am not sure about gaming in a such little thing.. maybe we should figure out! LOL

snoogins

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]fatkid35[/nom]no it won't, and the next douch who asks get one of these crammed in his mouth![/citation]

will it play Crysis?

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]fatkid35[/nom]no it won't, and the next douch who asks get one of these crammed in his mouth![/citation]
[citation][nom]snoogins[/nom]will it play Crysis?[/citation]

Get ready to gargle some Fatkid sack.

id10terror

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
The new cluster form factor..
Thin clients..
I wonder how many I could pack in a van for drive by decryption.
Drop them by parachute like single shot WWII resistance pistols..
Add wireless video capability and it would be perfect

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
some people bring around their apps on a flash drive.
then there are those who bring around an OS on their flash drive.
then...then there are those who bring around their own computer in their pocket.
depending on how much it costs, might get it if i got some extra funds. might even fit in my wallet.

G

With Windows 8 this sort of PC will be great since it'll bring around ARM support.

Status
Not open for further replies.