Computer acting up

Zapiixx

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Recently my Computer has been lagging horribly on games getting a very low framerate. This started about a week ago. My guess is the CPU because the usage on it spikes every few seconds to 80% while playing games but I am not an expert. I also tend to leave my computer on for long periods of time like overnight and stuff that might also be it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have cleaned the computer up quiet decently but was afraid to get into the hard to reach spots so i didn't clean the whole thing.

Gpu: Nvidia Gtx 760
CPu: AMD FX 6300 six core procsessor 3.5 GHZ
Ram: 8gigs

ProtoAMP

Reputable
May 28, 2015

What sort of games are you playing? Because if they're very demanding and youre also using other programs like photoshop... at the same time, it might make it difficult. It doesn't seem that you're system has any bottlenecks either. I suggest getting a program called "Advanced System Care", and run a few things on that (just make sure that it isn't installing any annoying software, by unticking some stuff during installation). I really would recommend the software because you can monitor the RAM and CPU usage as well as clean out temporary files... It also has a thing called gamebooster (haven't tried it but worth giving a go). Alternatively, just open task manager when playing your games and it should tell you where your PC is using most of it's resources :)