[SOLVED] Computer acting weird/crashing when gaming.

Feb 18, 2022
Hello and sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question, but from what I can figure out, this might be a CPU/Windows 11 issue.

My PC (Ryzen 7 3700x, 64GB RAM, 2070 Super) has been working pretty well for a couple of months now, but in the last month or so I've noticed a couple of weird things:

1. My screensaver won't activate, even though it's turned on
  2. When I'm gaming, the computer will bring me to the desktop randomly; as if I hit the windows key.
  3. (specifically for Star Citizen) it crashes my computer left and right. I know this could be just the game itself (since it's still in alpha) but I did notice something about that in accordance to AMD chips and Windows 11. And now I'm wondering if that issue might be bigger than I thought?

I also know these are kinda minor and maybe a clean reinstall could fix some of this, (I'd like to avoid that if possible but willing to go that far if needed) but I'm starting to worry that I have a setting crossed when it should be circled and maybe it's affecting more than I know.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Solution
sounds like many other reports i've been seeing about Windows 11 since it's release.
many functions of the OS just do not work correctly with many installations.
most claim that reinstalling fixes most issues, though sometimes leads to others.
most of the in depth reports like this i've followed ended up being fine after multiple re-installs.
seems there are just random issues that occur and luck of the draw is all that determines if you'll get a fully functional build with any fresh installation.

if you were running fine in the past, look for restore Points from that time and revert back to one of those.
sounds like many other reports i've been seeing about Windows 11 since it's release.
many functions of the OS just do not work correctly with many installations.
most claim that reinstalling fixes most issues, though sometimes leads to others.
most of the in depth reports like this i've followed ended up being fine after multiple re-installs.
seems there are just random issues that occur and luck of the draw is all that determines if you'll get a fully functional build with any fresh installation.

if you were running fine in the past, look for restore Points from that time and revert back to one of those.

Solution
Feb 18, 2022
When you say reinstalling, you mean the OS, right? As much as I'd hate to do it, that does feel like the direction I need to go.

I did look at the restore points and it seems I don't have any before the issues started.

Thank you for your time responding to me, I appreciate it!