computer acts like a key stuck

jetskier369

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
I hope I have this in the right place. So anyways I work in IT for a community college. One of the issue's I ran into today is a computer is acting like the keyboard has a stuck key on it. I've tried a different keyboard, and the same thing happened. So I disconnected the keyboard, and well it kept spamming the ; across the screen even with out a keyboard attached. The computer is an HP 8300 SFF, and is running W7 pro. The original keyboard that was attached was a USB HP keyboard, the replacement was a PS2 HP keyboard, so nothing fancy. If you restart the computer it will stop spamming the ; for about 10 minutes before it decides that there isn't enough ;'s on the screen. So does anyone have an idea of what would cause this problem?

Solution
Figured out what the problem was. It was using an old wireless keyboard, and mouse set. The wireless keyboard had been replaced by a wired keyboard at some point of time. But instead of removing the keyboard from her office, it was set under her desk. Well it had some stuff fall on top of it, so the wireless keyboard had some keys mashed.

jetskier369

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Figured out what the problem was. It was using an old wireless keyboard, and mouse set. The wireless keyboard had been replaced by a wired keyboard at some point of time. But instead of removing the keyboard from her office, it was set under her desk. Well it had some stuff fall on top of it, so the wireless keyboard had some keys mashed.

Solution

Kristopher Mullins

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013

Thanks! Solved my problem