Question Computer and monitors turn off - can't find cause!

dudek

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
The computer loses contact with the my two screens and sometimes the computer shuts down and restarts by itself. On the screens it says "display port, no signal".

When does the problem occur?
The problem occurs not only when gaming, but also when the computer is cool and unloaded. But mainly while gaming.
The computer was built in June 2022, but the problem arose for the first time now at the turn of the year. The only new hardware since then is a new wireless mouse (Razer Viper Ultimate).
At the turn of the year, the problem started occuring frequently. New drivers for the graphics card had then been installed, customized, but these were changed to a standard installation when the problems started.
After that the computer worked without problems for two weeks, but now the problems have returned and the computer crashes, with frequent intervals and it seems to be getting worse. Not possible to play Pubg for instance,

Do you have any idea what is causing the problem?
No, have not been able to find the cause.
Windows memory diagnostics have been run without finding any errors.
Same with Memtest 86.

Tried PC logbook
A problem with your hardware is causing Windows to no longer function properly.

Problem signature
Event name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 117
Parameter 1: ffff99837aae5010
Parameter 2: fffff8068e5dcf70
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_22621
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101
Language variant ID: 1053

Also one with code 141

https://ibb.co/Z2FspyY

On the list to try
  1. Have tried changing the cables to the monitors, which did not help.
  2. Tried change monitor, did not help
  3. Test with memtest86 / nothing
  4. Reinstalled Windows, did not help
  5. Updated drivers for graphics card, did not help... nvidia geforce experience
  6. Have tested without the new mouse, with the old mouse, and it crashes even with that setup.
  7. Also tried removing the graphics card and reinserting it. Did not help.
  8. Update drivers for motherboard
  9. Switch graphics cards between computers
  10. Replace the psu
  11. Submit to someone who understands this better than I

More ideas? Please help a lost soul!
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 11 and latest drivers
Cooling: 3x120mm intake and 6x120mm exhaust in the box
Temperatures: 55C processor with full load

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360 RGB UNI FAN SL120 EDITION 58.54 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX WHITE OC V2 GeForce RTX 3070 LHR 8 GB Video Card
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack

Last edited:
More ideas? Please help a lost soul!
You seem to have gone through most of the drill. Continuing with the troubleshooting, what comes next to mind is maybe switch hardware one by one, till you can figure out the source.

I would start with Windows 10 and see if it persists. Then grab a quality 1000w unit and eliminate Transient Spikes from the equation.

Reactions: dudek

dudek

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
You seem to have gone through most of the drill. Continuing with the troubleshooting, what comes next to mind is maybe switch hardware one by one, till you can figure out the source.

I would start with Windows 10 and see if it persists. Then grab a quality 1000w unit and eliminate Transient Spikes from the equation.

Thanks! Go back to win10.. is that possible? How?
And how about DDU?

Edit... tried DDU an reinstall with latest downloaded nvidia drivers, did not work either

Last edited:
Thanks! Go back to win10.. is that possible? How?
And how about DDU?

Edit... tried DDU an reinstall with latest downloaded nvidia drivers, did not work either
My point was, eliminate Windows as the culprit with a Win 10 run. Win 11 has been known to create a lot of problems since its inception.
Also, the 3xxx series cards are infamous for its Transient Spikes, where short micro secs. spikes are known to overload even quality PSUs with adequate wattage. A higher wattage PSU should be able to eliminate that variable.

Reactions: dudek