Computer beeps once

amandato17

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
So I recently built my first pc, everything went well. It booted up right away, I installed windows 10, and all the drivers/software that came with my gpu, motherboard etc. The computer runs great, the temperature is good and everything, but I noticed that every once in a while something in my rig will beep. It doesn't happen on start up. When it does beep it only makes one singular beep. I have had zero problems with anything so far, besides this beep. The beep doesn't seem to affect the performance of the computer in anyway, or at least i haven't noticed anything yet. No blue screens, no freezing, everything runs very smooth. It seems like it has been occurring more frequently too. I am using both an SSD and a HDD, with windows and everything downloaded onto my SSD. Any ideas what this beep could be or how I can find out? I have a hunch that it is coming from my hard drive but I'm not sure.

Anything related to beeps coming from inside the computer tends to be very hardware specific. What parts are in the build?

Also, there's an ASCII character that will generate this kind of beep anytime it's printed to a console output. If you write console software at all, it's worth checking on.

Hi,

I had a old abit motherboard still running today (must be 10 year old, pentium 4 era) that did an occasional bip here and there under load.
Everything works well and nothing overheat.
I am thinking it is a glitch.
Since everything is working I would say not to try to fix it.

amandato17

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

intel i5 6600k skylake
msi gtx1060 3gb
msi z170a gaming m5
evga 600B psu
samsung 850 evo 500gb ssd
corsair vengeance LPX 16gb ddr4

I think i got all the important stuff, let me know if i forgot to add anything. I'm assuming its hardware, I'm just not sure what and if it is anything i should be worried about

amandato17

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

Okay thank you! This makes me feel better, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a warning sign that i was unaware of, telling me that something serious is wrong. But it runs great so i'm hoping it is a glitch like you said.