Question Computer being super painful after being formated

Nov 5, 2023
So my computer was doing some weird glitchy color on discord screensharing and i had some problems with my screen flickering and it hasn't been reset in a year , so i formated my system and now im having very wanky problem and i don't know if the problem are related at all with one another

This is the bunch of my config if you need any more details or me to run something for you im down to run anything that could give more insight

I"ve arrived at a point where shutting down my computer is no guarantee that it will go back to being turn on again basicly i have an asus tuf motherboard
When i start the computer my keyboard backplate illuminate while the little circle below the asus tuf logo spin if it stops spinning and goes to windows im good otherwise it just keep on spinning the longest i've let it spin was about 2 hours , so im kinda in a loop where i force shutdown by pressing the power button restart the computer and hope it will turn on and it either turns on 1st try like there's no problem or it takes 10s of restart to get the computer to boot i don't have any led debug on when the problem happens i've made computer for myself and other for a while but it's one of those time where it's out of my realm of capacity , i don't understand how it just **** [Mod edit to remove profanity. Remember that this is a family friendly forum.] the fan like that . I've reseated the graphic card memory dims and the computer works when it works but when it doesn't im stuck pre windows for as long as it doesn't want to boot so if anyone has any idea i'll take anything is better than having the computer permanently on since i sleep in the same room and even tho i don't have many rgb or they are turn down i still have some .
Oh and another one when i click on windows or alt+f4 and tell the computer to shut down it either works just fine or the computer doesn't care at all and won't shutdown even with the command prompt to shutdown, it just spins instead of shutting down so yea problem starting the computer and also problem with closing the computer it's just a whole mess and i feel like with my type of system i shouldn't be running into all those problems

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare copper showing, melting, twisted or kinked wires, corrosion, cracks, swollen components, loose or missing screws....

Try a new CMOS battery just as a matter of elimination.

Nov 5, 2023
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare copper showing, melting, twisted or kinked wires, corrosion, cracks, swollen components, loose or missing screws....

Try a new CMOS battery just as a matter of elimination.
PSU is a corsair rm750x 80 plus gold
My drives are both ssd Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
The other one is a nvme samsung 980
They both have 800gb+ free since i've reinstalled like 3 games and they are not huge game by any means

Pretty much did all the unplug open cleaning and such since the computer wouldn't boot i won't say i deep cleaned it cause i don't think i have that deep of a cleaning hand but i cleaned to the best of my ability.

I just did (again) verify that everything was connected where it's supposed to be for good measure.

The Computer isn't exactly new but the oldest component is like 2/3 years old or so it wasn't acting that wanky before i formated so im kinda lost as to how formating would've added problem instead of solving them as i've said i think the problem is beyond my scope of understanding im just not shutting down the computer at all cause i don't want it to not power up or fight for an hour to do so

I don't think i have any other cmos battery ? i used to pin to clear the cmos 2 or 3 time yesterday mostly out of frustration i think so i don't really know what do to or where to go further the computer will stay on until i can remotly do anything i don't really want it to not lunch (also sorry english isn't my first language and if something comes out as angry or mean or anything it's really not my intent if anything im just super frustrated that the computer is acting up considering how much it cost)

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine. And the problems can indeed be frustrating to find and fix.

= = = =

Wondering about those failures (?) to shutdown.

When Windows is shutting down part of the process is some "housekeeping" and preparations for the next boot up.

If the shutdown process is prematurely ended by loss of power or some other unexpected events then data could be corrupted.

Especially if there is some update related actions in progress.

At the next successful boot, run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Likewise try "dism" and "sfc /scannow". Either one or both tools may find and fix something.

FYI:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

The next step will be to look for any errors that Windows may have logged via Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Could be some clue(s) therein.

Take your time and be methodical.

Nov 5, 2023
Ok doing the "dism" at this moment my system did restart without a problem after doing the troubleshooter the dism has found no sign of corruption i'll still go and do the sfc scan since it can't hurt the troubleshoot still finds a problem with checking for windows update issues tho / The sfc found no integrity violations (Computer seems to be downloading the last windows updates) also in the event viewer there is alot of Error or what seems like alot it says 6 in the last hour 25 in the last 24hours and 422 in the last 7 days

Nov 5, 2023
Well after sleeping and turning off the computer so that it would be able to do his windows update it took 15 force shutdown to get him to go past the TUF logo spinning part which at this point makes me question even turning off the computer off at all because when it's on it's alright it's just turning that damn thing on that is problematic .

Nov 5, 2023
Yea im basicly stuck at letting the computer on cause i don't want to make the issue worse in any capacity
(Reformated didn't exactly fix the issue pc still takes multiple boot cycle idk what to do)

Last edited: