Question Computer BlckScreens, CPU DeBug Light On MB. GPU or CPU/MB?

May 3, 2024
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.70 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
RAM: 32.0 GB
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
PSU: 1000w EVGA GT Series (NEW)
Storage: 4 SSDs totaling 7.25TB

PC blackscreens with some games, most of the time shortly after launching a game, but a few times it blackscreens within an hour or a bit less.
Games that don't blackscreen are resource intensive, like Cyberpunk, RE4 Remake, KC: Deliverance.
The games that do cause this crash are Crusader Kings 3 for some reason, and recently NOLVUS Skyrim (more understandably as that's a 2000+ mods modpack)

But for NOLVUS, it ran for a hour and forty one night, and didn't blackscreen and when I played the next day, it did it 40 minutes into the game while creating a character, so nothing in-game was loading (like NPCs or anything in the distance).

The second most recent incident, I had temperature reading programs open on my second monitor and all the CPU and GPU and what not read normal temperature ranges when under load, so its not over heating or anything.

What I assume caused this debacle is Star Wars Battlefront 2. I purchased the game for 10 bucks on Steam and when I launched it, it was a stuttering mess and bluescreened my PC.
I opened the game again after my PC booted up again and opened Task Manager. Either a 2 or a 3 was next to the Star Wars executable in parenthesis, which makes me think multiple instances of SWB2 was running at the same time? IDK, but either just after I Alt+F4'd or before I could, the PC blackscreened for the first time. Since that, I uninstalled and refunded the game.

PC blackscreened once or twice more, so I stopped using it for about a month (PC was kept completely off) and when I came back to use it for games, Crusader Kings 3 of all games blackscreened it but Cyberpunk, Helldivers 2 and Skyrim with 1000+ mods (non-NOLVUS) didn't crash it.

The CPU light is lit on the MB, but could this be a slightly damaged GPU or possibly a MB issue? Haven't updated BIOS in probably 2 years, but I wouldn't think that's an issue, since before changing my CPU 2 years ago, I never updated it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

BIOS version for your motherboard? As for your GPU, might want to use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest driver(sourced from Nvidia's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

The CPU light is lit on the MB,
That would indicate an issue with the processor or memory controller. Check to see if you have BIOS updates pending and if so, gradually work your way up to the latest, and clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was flashed successfully.