Question Computer blue screens with 16gb but not 8gb of ram?

Manney200

Reputable
Mar 13, 2019
Specs:
  • Ryzen 1600
  • 16gb ddr4 2400mhz(2133 base speeds) gskill aegis identical sticks (2x8)
  • Gtx 1060 6gb
  • Gigabyte GA-AB350m-DS3H
  • 250gb ssd sandisk, and 1tb Seagate.
Happend with the first stick of ram I added. Bluescreened almost every startup. Figured was because ram stick wasnt identical to the first stick, as well I got memory errors.

Returned and got a new stick identical to the first 8gb stick. Bluecreens less frequently, mainly during web browsing but not gaming. Ran windows memory diagnostic no errors, changed dimm slots, ran memtest86, no errors. Out of options. Currently trying to clean install windows. Any more suggestions would help.

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019
Specs:
  • Ryzen 1600
  • 16gb ddr4 2400mhz(2100) gskill aegis identical sticks (2x8)
  • Gtx 1060 6gb
  • Gigabyte GA-AB350m-DS3H
  • 250gb ssd sandisk, and 1tb Seagate.
Happend with the first stick of ram I added. Bluescreened almost every startup. Figured was because ram stick wasnt identical to the first stick, as well I got memory errors.

Returned and got a new stick identical to the first 8gb stick. Bluecreens less frequently, mainly during web browsing but not gaming. Ran windows memory diagnostic no errors, changed dimm slots, ran memtest86, no errors. Out of options. Currently trying to clean install windows. Any more suggestions would help.
BIOS update.
It's better to get a kit instead of 2 identical sticks.

Memory modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to work in any configuration other than as a Single module. Identical, exact match, same thing have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. I suggest using a single kit.