[SOLVED] Computer bluescreens randomly with the same error each time.

pizzacatnip

Prominent
Aug 24, 2018
About every 2 months my PC will bluescreen in the middle of something important with the error code CMUSBDAC.sys I've gone through the fixes that other people have recommended, however it continues to happen regardless. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong because it only happens one every 1-2 months. Is there any fix for this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have a blue snowball microphone?

CMUSBDAC.sys = C Media USB Digital to analog convertor driver

What motherboard do you have?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

pizzacatnip

Prominent
Aug 24, 2018
Yes, I do have a blue snowball microphone, and now that you mention it, the bluescreens usually occur after I unplug the microphone. My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3. I have just done what you said and changed the settings to create a small minidump. However, like I said it doesn't happen very often so I don't know how much help this will be just yet.