[SOLVED] Computer boots directly to BIOS

Obviouslyray

Honorable
Jul 8, 2014
Hey all,

I'm hoping I have an easy one here.

I just "finished" my newest build, but I decided to try using an old ssd. I'm in the army and during the move it got tossed in a box and has been sitting unused a while.
I didn't go into this with high expectations - but system boots up, recognizes Samsung ssd on sata 4 in bios, recognizes no boot drive UNLESS I set it to network and then (ofc) pxe boot only.
Any thoughts as to how to fix this? Since its recognized I figured its still good... am I wrong?

Solution
Like mentioned, if it's being detected, all you need to do is put a Windows 10 installation media in, like a USB on which the Windows installation is present, and then boot from that USB to install Windows on your SSD. You can create a bootable USB by using Windows Media Creation Tool, available for free on Micosoft's website. Windows 10 is also free, you can just use the tool to create a bootable USB, then boot from that USB and you'll get straight into Windows installation. From there you just have to follow on-screen instructions.

By Windows 10 being free I mean that you don't technically need a product key to use Windows 10, but of course it's better if you have one, since without a product key Windows will keep asking you to...
Like mentioned, if it's being detected, all you need to do is put a Windows 10 installation media in, like a USB on which the Windows installation is present, and then boot from that USB to install Windows on your SSD. You can create a bootable USB by using Windows Media Creation Tool, available for free on Micosoft's website. Windows 10 is also free, you can just use the tool to create a bootable USB, then boot from that USB and you'll get straight into Windows installation. From there you just have to follow on-screen instructions.

By Windows 10 being free I mean that you don't technically need a product key to use Windows 10, but of course it's better if you have one, since without a product key Windows will keep asking you to activate it and personalization features will be disabled.

Reactions: Obviouslyray
Solution

Obviouslyray

Honorable
Jul 8, 2014
Of course. I'm running a i7 9700k,
Rog strix z390-f
2070 super,
It is currently the only drive I have installed, however in my old build it ran windows while I had a 4tb for storage.