Computer boots to BIOS then goes to black screen

Zman077

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Hello, I recently built a computer around 2 months ago, and it has been working fine until now. I moved the computer to a new house and installed a network adapter because there was no working Cat-5 cable nearby. When I first booted the computer it worked fine, but later on about days later after not even touching the computer I tried to boot it, then it went to the BIOS setup then to a black screen.

Build is here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zman077/saved/2eAe

Thanks for your time.

Solution
BIOS construct a little database of local hardware (DMI pool), that it hands off to the OS via the SMBIOS interface sometimes this gets corrupted and
you have to force the reconstruction of the info.
- in BIOS you can clear configuration data, forces a rebuild of info
- you can update BIOS to do the rebuild (good option, people rarely update the BIOS anyway)
- you can toggle a BIOS hardware setting (turn something off then back on, to force a rebuild of info (sometimes works)
- you can move a hardware device from one slot to another slot and power on your system to force a database rebuild.

you might also check to see if video is going out a extra video connector that you might have on your machine if it has a built in video.

Dominate

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Your CPU cooler is good for intel atom processor not AMD 6 core its overheating and now most likely there is a fault change the CPU cooler and see what happens

Zman077

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

I never actually installed the CPU cooler just left it at the default one that came in the box with the CPU.

Dominate

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
You have got onboard video so disconnect graphic card and use the integrated one and see what happens keep experimenting by disconnecting some parts and than running this is how you will diagnose the problem

BIOS construct a little database of local hardware (DMI pool), that it hands off to the OS via the SMBIOS interface sometimes this gets corrupted and
you have to force the reconstruction of the info.
- in BIOS you can clear configuration data, forces a rebuild of info
- you can update BIOS to do the rebuild (good option, people rarely update the BIOS anyway)
- you can toggle a BIOS hardware setting (turn something off then back on, to force a rebuild of info (sometimes works)
- you can move a hardware device from one slot to another slot and power on your system to force a database rebuild.

you might also check to see if video is going out a extra video connector that you might have on your machine if it has a built in video.

Solution