Computer Can't Do Sleep Mode

May 19, 2018
Hello everyone,
Recently my computer has been unable to go into sleep mode. I've tried looking it up but haven't found any results that match my situation.

At first I thought this was a problem with my keyboard since I have a keyboard combination for sleep mode, but after about a week I tried the sleep button in the start menu and it still won't work. Instead, it just locks the computer and turns the screen off. All I have to do is move the mouse or press the keyboard for the screen to turn back on and I have to log back in. I understand that this probably sounds like normal sleep mode so far, but I know it is not since the computer is still running. (the fans still go, all the external lights stay on, and videos keep playing, but the screen turns off and the computer locks)

I have also tested hibernate, shut down, and restart and they all still work just like they should.

I'm not sure if my computer specs are necessary, but I'd be happy to share them if they are.

Solution
ITo fix this problem, you need to re-enable the Connected Standby feature.

Enable back connected stand by feature (you'll loose access to some windows advanced power plan options though)

Click on Start and type regedit then hit enter
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
Change the value of CsEnabled to 1 and restart your Computer

R0GG

Distinguished
anmxpUb.jpg
Windows 10: PC Won’t Go to Sleep Mode
“Power Options” screen, you want to expand each setting and ensure that they allow the computer to go to sleep mode. example the setting under “Multimedia settings” > “When sharing media” was set to “Prevent idling to sleep“. set this to “Allow the computer to sleep“. If you’re feeling lazy, just hit the “Restore plan defaults” button and that should toggle all items to where sleeping is allowed in Windows 10.

May 19, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried both options ("when sharing media" and "restore plan defaults") but unfortunately neither of them seemed to work.

May 19, 2018

That didn't seem to work either.
The problem is that it cannot go into sleep, not that it can't come out of sleep.

R0GG

Distinguished
ITo fix this problem, you need to re-enable the Connected Standby feature.

Enable back connected stand by feature (you'll loose access to some windows advanced power plan options though)

Click on Start and type regedit then hit enter
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
Change the value of CsEnabled to 1 and restart your Computer

Solution